NPC Elections - Rules and Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:34:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Rules and Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Rules and Results Thread  (Read 16735 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2020, 12:52:01 PM »

I really don't like the culture of treating these elections like vote dumps as if one party does them, you have to do them.
Lmao what?

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2020, 12:58:37 PM »

I really don't like the culture of treating these elections like vote dumps as if one party does them, you have to do them.
Lmao what?

You have to keep up with the other party’s attacks and speeches
While I understand this is a concept you might not be familiar with, this is called "winning elections". Deal with it.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2020, 01:03:49 PM »

Lmao what?

You have to keep up with the other party’s attacks and speeches
While I understand this is a concept you might not be familiar with, this is called "winning elections". Deal with it.
You do realize that you can space your event drops on the entire month
You do realize that we can distribute our campaign drops however the hell we want

As an aside, though, that was kind of an f-up on my part - I misread the rule and thought each Laborite was allowed 5 events each on the last day, which led to the massive campaign surplus on the last day. Don't worry, that will be resolved next time Wink
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 02:58:27 AM »

OK, so questions. 

First, I am under the impression that one cannot run as an Independent.  Is this correct?

Second, is it possible that (under the rules) one could create his own party, and run as a member of that? For example, let's say I wanted to run for CT Governor as a member of my self-created party....let's call it the "Libertarian Party of CT".  Would that be allowed?
I think you can create your own regional party and run under that, but I don't think player candidates are allowed to run in these elections (hence, NPC).
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2020, 11:20:31 PM »

Not to press too hard, but is there a timeline on the first polling update?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2020, 01:35:44 PM »

Not to be too pushy but is an update possible?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2020, 09:39:39 PM »

Not to be too pushy but is an update possible?

Probably not. Just got back from my trip and I'm rather exhausted, don't think will be able to resume GM duties under Monday. Not ruling out a miracle of sorts, but don't count on it.
That's fine. Just checking.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2020, 10:30:39 PM »

Reminder that the final day starts in two hours, in order to avoid campaigning during Christmas (results will still be on Saturday). Rather wish I had managed to provide a polling update, but it just wasn't possible this time.

Also, once campaigning ends I'll be opening up a feedback, commentary and suggestions thread so we can discuss this six month cycle - how time files! -, and may put up a rather specific poll as well.
Excited for the commentary thread! This was, at the very least, a fun experiment, and I'd like to thank you for making this possible.

No pressure, but out of curiosity, what's the timeline on December results? I'd presume after Christmas, but if you could confirm that that would be nice.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 11:25:27 PM »

As Chairman of the Green Party of Atlasia, I declare this party to be in formal alliance with the Labor Party and Peace Party for all future federal, regional, and local elections.
Wait, did this ever go into effect? AFAIK Sev was still the legal chairman of the Greens at this point.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2020, 07:05:24 PM »

Little late but I think you halved the Nevada MPs.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2021, 08:01:54 PM »

As Sinn Fremont has now ceased to exist, I request that it be removed from NPC election consideration.

Also, the Worker's Advancement Party (Beauty and Bread Chapter) will now stand in alliance with the Labor Party in future Fremont NPC elections.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2021, 09:01:47 PM »

labor-pax agreement

1. The Labor Party and Peace Parties will enter into an electoral coalition ticket, with all legislative and gubernatorial nominees standing under the Labor-Peace ticket

2. The Peace Party shall be entitled select 20% of the legislative candidates on the Labor-Peace slate, and shall have a significant voice in selecting the gubernatorial candidates in addition to retaining the independent ability to select nominees in states with current Peace governors

3. This agreement shall be renewed every 3 months

x Koopa D. Quick
x Oregon Blue Dog, General Secretary of the Labor Party
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2021, 09:54:56 PM »

One thing that does worry me that narratives will become confusing as we now have incumbency. We get a vague idea from the popularity ratings but without much in the way of updates on the states its impossible to really know what has actually caused the popularity ratings for each government. I feel like eventually we're just going to be making things up about what the governments have done in their term, and it could get toxic.
Yeah if NPCs continue this needs to be hashed out. It's possible to make vague claims about stuff governments have done (usually based on national/regional initiatives or COVID numbers), but that can get you attacked for not caring about local issues Tongue
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2021, 11:25:18 PM »

I'm gonna guess that New Hampshire and one of Colorado/Alabama/Maryland flipped. Let's see how accurate this is.

I think Colorado is the most likely 2nd flip but we'll see.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2021, 11:29:58 PM »

I'm gonna guess that New Hampshire and one of Colorado/Alabama/Maryland flipped. Let's see how accurate this is.

I think Alabama is. Labor likely stuck in 3rd causing another Georgia situation.
That's possible. Feds losing Alabama would be quite a shocking outcome, though.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 11:34:38 AM »

I think Alabama is. Labor likely stuck in 3rd causing another Georgia situation.
Well, I was half right. Guess WB knew something I didn't about Alabama, lol
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 11:59:27 AM »

Well, I was half right. Guess WB knew something I didn't about Alabama, lol
Its Weatherboy campaigned like mad in Alabama and Feds didn't.
I thought it was so far out of reach that no one could snatch it from the Feds. But that's what I get for focusing exclusively on Labor polling health in these races, lmao
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 12:36:31 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2021, 12:51:26 PM by OBD »

Just so y'all know, a county map is in the works. As I'm trying to increase percentage differentiation, this might end up taking a while.

Also, the Liberals will now be in green. My condolences.

Okay, so the Feds are going to need to be purple. If the trade off between result details and color heresy is too much for y'all to handle I'll make a normal map lol

Okay, new plan. I'll just start out with a normal map then if people want final round maps for states I'll do those separately. Capiche?
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies