Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:38:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 18841 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2020, 12:17:09 AM »

Von Papen

Here's the thing Herr Vice Chancellor. That by itself, doesn't indicate a putsch is imminent. Usually the Wehrmacht can suss things out by having spies within most militias in Germany, and that's especially true for the Communists, whom they oppose. Have you tried asking them if they think a putsch is imminent?

After all, the Nazi's putsch leaked out weeks before it actually happened.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2020, 12:27:14 AM »

Von Papen

Herr Vice Chancellor, your accusation of me having dementia is completely unfounded, and beneath the positions you hold.

Herr Thalmann, you right now need to lay down your arms, and abandon whatever nascent plan you have to overthrow the Government. We do not need a second putsch in a year.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2020, 12:35:22 AM »

Von Papen

I agree with Herr Thalmann on a vote of no confidence in Herr Hugenberg. It's a shame that, since I'm technically not a member of the Reichstag, I cannot vote for it.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2020, 01:26:01 PM »

Von Papen

I call on the German people to reject the illegal seizure of power by the supposed Chancellor.

I join with the KDP and SDP in calling for a general strike

I ask for the League of Nations to intervene, and remove Alfred Hugenberg from the position he illegally occupies as Chancellor.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2020, 03:38:23 PM »

Von Papen

I supported, and still support a return of the monarchy. However, what you are doing is dangerous. The return of the monarchy was rejected by the Reichstag. What you need to do, instead of using your Article 48 powers, is call the Reichstag back into session.

To the SPD and KPD:

Since it is rather clear your strikes will not work, I call on you to cancel them. I did support them, this is true, but this is when I thought they would work. It is clear to me that the supposed Chancellor will ignore them, and as such, I ask that you cancel them.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »

Von Papen

General Von Schleicher is the Chancellor, and has been ever since President Hindenburg tapped him for that job.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2020, 08:06:29 PM »

Von Papen

Herr Thalmann, that was a betrayal of the highest order. You helped us, at great personal cost to yourself, and now you are going to turn your back on us, because you won't support the legitimate Chancellor of Germany, as chosen by President Hindenburg?

Shame on you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies