Executions of 3 Christian militants sparks violence in Indonesia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:57:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Executions of 3 Christian militants sparks violence in Indonesia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Executions of 3 Christian militants sparks violence in Indonesia  (Read 1852 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 25, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »

Tibo’s son, Robert, told Christian followers early Friday that his father “begged us not to be angry, not to seek revenge.”

“He asked us to forgive those who did this to him. ’God blesses all of us,’ he said.

That says a lot. When do Muslims say such things?

If I were President I'd be tempted to send troops to the Indonesian embassy and pull an Iran 1979 right now, but I would not because that's their way of handling things, not the Christian way.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 10:55:56 PM »

Christianity and Islam long ago abandoned the true prinicples they were based on.  Now they just kill each other.

That's not true.  Look at all the Christian churches for peace. Of course some modern day Pharisees have abandoned that and gone violent, but I don't care about them.

As for Islam, it was founded on violence. Comparing the two religions is rather pointless in this regard. Look at this way:

-How many people did Jesus kill or conquer?
-How many people did Mohammed kill or conquer?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies