democrats: who is your 2016 "hit list" in the senate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:41:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  democrats: who is your 2016 "hit list" in the senate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: democrats: who is your 2016 "hit list" in the senate?  (Read 3954 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 30, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »

Although looking to 2016 this early is meaningless, my list would be as follows:

Kirk, Toomey, Ron Johnson (these three are obvious)

Portman, especially if Tim Ryan runs, but either way Portman has embarrassingly low name-rec for a Senator, only 42% of Ohioans knew enough about him to give an approve-disapprove opinion in the last poll I saw on the subject.

Blunt (especially if Nixon runs, but even if he doesn't, Blunt has never struck me as a super-strong candidate and it's not like we don't have a bench here)

Iowa (if Grassley doesn't run for reelection)

Rand Paul (if and only if we can recruit the right type of candidate and Paul wins his primary)

Rubio (if the FL Democratic party can get its act together and find a decent candidate)

Definitely Burr (no one seems to like him for some reason Tongue)

Ayotte (but only if it looks like a neutral or Democratic-leaning year nationally).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies