The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:23:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43764 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: July 27, 2012, 06:51:38 AM »

You guys would never believe knew how expensive movie tickets are in Sydney.

It wasn't all that long ago they had "Cheap Tuesdays"at $5 for any session, any movie, any time on a Tuesday.

That said, have you done Gold Class yet?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:59:07 AM »

Yeah, $35 is probably right, maybe $40? More once you've paid for food and a glass of wine or two, or beer, or whatever takes your fancy. When we do it, we usually make a night of it - cocktails in the bar area outside the actual cinema first, nachos or pizza, (or both!) Or something like that once we're in, plus a champagne once the movie starts, followed by a glass our two of red half an hour or an hour into the movie. I think it is the seating, rather than the ability to eat regular food and drink booze, is what really sets it apart from regular movies, however. The recliners are just so much more comfortable than normal cinema seating. Consequently, they have fewer seats - I think two, four, four, two, for four our five rows. We only do it once out twice a year, though, for very big movies, because it's so much more expensive.

Palace/Dendy cinemas are also licensed to serve alcohol, but I don't think it's seat service, like in Gold Class, and just regular seating. They also tend to show more artsy movies and foreign films.

In Melbourne, there is The Astor. It's old and just the one screen, all 1920, art deco style, and generally shows older movies. Great place, though, and cheap. They typically have two movies on the night, and an intermission in between. If you're ever in Melbourne, you should check it out.

On topic  I loved the French Revolution aspects, and therefore I particularly enjoyed the Tale of Two Cities quote, it seemed so relevant. Bane playing with the string during the mock trial... do you think that was a reference to the old ladies knitting under the guillotine?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies