The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:10:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 171057 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: June 27, 2020, 03:24:41 AM »

I too love getting into arguments over minor differences in predicting how a state will vote in 2020
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 12:39:39 AM »

I don’t think it will be a Trump that steals the election directly, but Republican officials across the country. The postmaster general will continue to slow the mail down to where it will take 3 1/2 weeks for an absentee ballot to get to your home from the clerk’s office. Due to “printing issues,” the ballots will be mailed out two days before the election, ensuring barely anyone gets them.  

Trump will then send troops to the polling places to scare voters and arrest Biden voters to stop them from voting. By November, the Coronavirus will have spiraled out of control and most people will be too scared to go to the polls even without federal goons there to intimidate them. Trump wins a “landslide” with 14% turnout and Republicans now have huge majorities in both houses of Congress.

There isn't much absurd or ignorant about this, the concerns about Republican voter suppression as well deploying federal troops are well justified. In just the past 2 years, we've seen voter suppression in the Georgia gubernatorial election in 2018 and now we have DHS officers being sent as federal police to Democratic-run cities across the nation to control peaceful protestors. While I don't think Trump will actually rig the election, these concerns aren't unfounded, especially since we are talking about a man who has sought the help of multiple foreign nations in interfering in our elections.
Thank you for posting directly into this thread. You can't actually be this stupid burning down federal buildings and attacking the police are not peaceful protests. There's been bricks thrown at them lasers shined in their faces, etc.. These people are violent not peaceful. Also countries have been interfering in other country's elections for awhile now. Would it surprise you to learn that Churchill interfered in our elections during WWII to ensure that FDR was reelected. The Atlanta Journal found nothing wrong with the Georgia Gubernatorial election and found no evidence of voter suppression.

This doesn't look like equipment for a peaceful protest:

So, I take it that you think secret police in our streets, not identifying themselves as police and then detaining protestors is normal, or that it’s normal that our President said he’d send them to “Democratic-controlled cities.”
There's no secret police lol. If they were secret you wouldn't know about them. There uniforms clearly identify them with patches on the shoulder and would you rather the cities just burn to the ground. Again this isn't at all peaceful:
People committing acts like that aren't protestors they're rioters who should be locked up.
Do you think federal cops/private contractors/whatever the f**k they are should be firing at protestors heads? Including ones who didn't participate in any rioting? See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/2020PoliceBrutality/comments/hq4eza/portland_cops_shoot_peaceful_protester_holding_a/
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »

I would not have voted because I'm not a citizen or Canada or Quebec, therefore I should have no say in their internal electoral matters.

1824 U.S. presidential election

(see thread)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 08:27:28 PM »

Can't quote because thread is locked but:

This is coming from someone who not only voted for Gary Johnson but pledged to vote third party if Bernie was the nominee.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 02:34:13 AM »

NewYorkExpress is underrated as far as all-around strange posters go

No one, because he'll dissolve Congress, sack his Vice President and rule alone as a dime store Adolf Hitler (genocide against minority groups included for a small fee.)

Lee Harvey Oswald, with the full knowledge and support of Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson. (LBJ really wanted to be a historically great President, and wasn't above using a martyred JFK to get there.)

YE (I can't in good conscience vote against a moderator).

However, we need a maximum voting age (largely because disenfranchising old people can only benefit Democrats).

I'll go as far as to say that if Cuomo is the Democratic nominee in 2022, this race is Safe R.

This is precisely why the First Amendment needs to go.

Harris (or anyone to the right of The Squad) is going to be railroaded into selecting AOC/Pressley/Tliab if she gets the nomination to be VP.

The only good solution would be wiping Moscow off the map.

if your standards for "horrible human being" are "cheated on your wife" than about 85% of the male population are horrible human beings.

And I don't agree with Senator Sanders. We need to ban gun manufacturing here, and sanction countries who do manufacture guns.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 04:33:36 PM »

OK, I'm just gonna say it:

While I initially consented to the use of my name in the topic of this thread, that was now over 6 months ago. Shortly before then, I had (while highly intoxicated on the night of a holiday in which I got ESPECIALLY intoxicated even by my standards) made some extremely embarrassing, unwarranted, and unhinged posts attacking a fellow user (who I now like to think I'm on pretty good terms with), thus why I thought I was deserving of being named in the thread title. I could not possibly regret those posts more now. Hell, I couldn't even at the time. BUT I thought it would just be a temporary thing and the name would be replaced eventually, and that it was more than adequate punishment to be publicly humiliated in this way given that I had indeed made a massive fool of myself in front of everybody.

Yeah, as the person towards whom that rant was directed, I found it pretty funny and I don't hold any grudge at all. The thread should be renamed. We have users on this site who believe in Bigfoot and want to ban knives; the fact that this is still named for AB of all people is an insult to our collective intelligence.
did you ever think you might be the absurd or ignorant one for not believing in bigfoot
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies