'Law & Order' Politics is Back (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:01:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  'Law & Order' Politics is Back (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Law & Order' Politics is Back  (Read 1971 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: April 15, 2022, 11:41:40 AM »

People are tired of getting the catalytic converters stolen from their cars; tired of having to ask an employee to unlock a case every time you want to buy something because shoplifting has gotten so bad; tired of road rage and rising murder rates and people acting crazy on planes.

Who sympathizes with someone who steals designer handbags? You can't eat a designer handbag.

Who sympathizes with someone who engages in petty crime instead of getting a proper job when unemployment is so low that anyone who wants a job can have a job?

Who sympathizes with people like the subway shooter?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who commits a violent crime should be locked up for life. Get the garbage out of society.

You can support criminal justice reform measures without sympathizing with violent criminals......
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 12:01:19 PM »

I am all for decriminalizing drug usage, legalizing marijuana, reforming to abolish cash bail. I just do not understand the parts of the online left and the thugs who were thinking campaigning on "DEFUND THE POLICE!" would be a great idea to win elections.

Police agencies need to be funded with proper training.  I did not see police officers try to go hide from covid indefinitely, unlike you know.. teachers.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 08:46:25 PM »

I am all for criminal justice reform but I can not help but think...

some of my neighbors who I chatted with in Oakton/Fairfax City area who are all majorly supportive of criminal justice reform... even if they tend to live in apartments or condos... I doubt they would so enthusiastically support of all that if they lived in Baltimore, St. Louis, or Detroit.

They live in their little safe liberal leaning bubble.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies