Loonyism Referendum Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:57:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Loonyism Referendum Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Loonyism Referendum Tracker  (Read 4267 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: May 25, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »

I see the Federalists are succeeding in their attempt to potentially disenfranchise millions of Atlasian voters who choose not to or do not have the ability to write their ballots in the English language.

There aren't "millions of Atlasian voters". There are 187. They all have the ability to write in the English language.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »

I see the Federalists are succeeding in their attempt to potentially disenfranchise millions of Atlasian voters who choose not to or do not have the ability to write their ballots in the English language.

There aren't "millions of Atlasian voters". There are 187. They all have the ability to write in the English language.

There are 310 million voters total, as of last count.

Not according to the Census Bureau.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 08:05:04 AM »

Google Translate also believes that in the IDS February election, Xahar's ballot looked like this:

[2] Geraerkensas the (federal - Arkansas) Q
[1] Velasco (employment - Texas)

IDS March:

[3] Empire (Federal-FL) (e)
[1] Hashemite (National Movement "Aliya Mustafina"-FL)
[5] Type 99 seabirds (Federal-TX)
[4] South Park Conservatives (Federal-SC)
[2] Zanas46 (Labor-GA) (e)

IDS January:

[3] AHHertog99 (ONA-ZC) (z)
[2] Derijken (EDF-FL)
[4] geroltarkansas (EDF-AR) (z)
[1] Zanas46 (PRG-GA)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:39:23 PM »

What a "Type 99 seabird" or "AHHertog99" is isn't entirely clear. We certainly have nobody registered under those names. All it does is make the process unnecessarily complicated for no reason whatsoever.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 07:56:41 PM »

What a "Type 99 seabird" or "AHHertog99" is isn't entirely clear. We certainly have nobody registered under those names. All it does is make the process unnecessarily complicated for no reason whatsoever.

It takes an equal amount of complication to turn off the areas of your brain that should otherwise be easily able to identify the ballot in question.

Easily? I cannot easily identify جيريأركنساس (الفيدرالية-أركنساس)س as the name of any particular individual. I still have to fire up Google Translate, make sure that it all got copied (since it's for some reason printed on the other side of the screen), translate it through, check to make sure the "Detect Language" found the right language (remember the time Xahar submitted a ballot in Romanian but in the Cyrillic characters used in Moldova or something?), possibly find another translation site if Google Translate doesn't host that language, figure out which names match to which candidates, check that that's right, then make a note of what it was in the event that I'm doing a count before the final count so that I don't have to repeat those steps again. It takes a few minutes and is a needless complication of the process.

But moreover, there's no point to doing so. All that translating your ballot into a foreign language does is make things a little bit more complicated. There is no legitimate reason to do so.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2013, 09:43:49 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Don't play dumb, Samuel McCarthy Joyce. If you're not intelligent enough to know who those people are, then I have no idea what you're doing as Emperor.

I already explained quite clearly how it makes the process a lot longer, and those names certainly aren't as clear as they could be.

But you still haven't answered the Why question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies