New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:26:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 305551 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 02:30:42 AM »

Can you two get a room and take it out of this thread.

I don't think Peebs appreciates cleaning up the floor afterwards.

Edit: I wish I could split these posts off, and save Peebs the trouble.

Unfortunately this isn't the Fed private forum where I have admin powers.  

Funnily enough we have a moderator vacancy right now, so you could apply if you want to Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2019, 01:12:49 PM »

Hello fellow foreign poster and welcome to Atlasia and the Labor party! Smiley

Sorry but you cannot register in any place that isn't a US state (or technically one of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland).

Your registration should look something like this instead for example

BigVic
Labor
Colorado
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2020, 04:08:07 PM »

OK, I have one more question (well, two): Firstly, does your state have to be the same as on your profile/the one you live in? Secondly, is there a practical difference between choosing a US state and a UK nation/territory?

No, you can register anywhere you want in Atlasia. Indeed, the current First Minister of the Western Region (Fremont) has an Indiana Avatar (Indiana being in the Northern Region of Lincoln). Hell, if that was an actual rule, the current president and yours truly would not be able to be players, being non US/UK players Tongue

For the purposes of voting or being elected there is no practical difference with registering in a UK nation or a US state to my knowledge.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2020, 12:05:07 PM »

LumineVonReuental
Independent
Utah

Once more unto the breach, dear - and not so dear - friends, once more.

Glad to have you back! Cheesy
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 08:51:14 PM »

Welcome to the party! The switch comes just in time, I hope you vote for our candidates this weekend Smiley
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2020, 04:05:23 AM »

deregging as I'm too busy irl. Thanks atlasia - it's been a shot but fun ride! And sorry for the complicated hassle peebs.

For what is worth you can always just remain as a zombie voter and only show up in elections (people will contact you when it is time)

In any case hope you come back soon!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:24 AM »

I AM BAAAAACK and Jake here will save the today!

For the record, this does not count as re-registering. Also a week (I think) needs to pass since you deregistered in order to register again, but I am sure it has passed by now.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2020, 08:29:52 AM »

AudmanOut
Elizabeth Warren Party
California

Tbh I wonder if this counts as voter impersonation, which is actually a crime in Atlasia Tongue

It probably does not though
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2020, 08:47:42 PM »

Welcome to the best party in Atlasia Cheesy
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2020, 05:23:02 AM »

LumineVonReuental
Atlasian Inquisition
Gibraltar

Having decided to run for reelection there is only one - no active centrist parties being around - fitting banner for me.

Technically Poirot's Liberal party is still around, although it has been dormant for several months now
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2020, 09:46:18 PM »

Hammer
Conservative
North Dakota

Not sure what I'm doing this for but someone just sent me a private message asking me to do this?

Technically the Atlas Conservative Party has just merged into the Federalist party (the main party of the right). You are of course free to start a new conservative party though

Welcome to Atlasia in any case!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2020, 06:35:34 PM »

Ishan
Atlasian Democratic Party
Pennsylvania
(because why not, as I've never voted in the Labor internal elections)

Wow, resurrection of parties from 2004! Cheesy Though the official name was technically Atlas Forum Democratic Party (which I suppose would be renamed to Talk Elections Democratic Party?)

https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Atlas_Forum_Democratic_Party
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 05:04:51 PM »

Balsanator03 (going by John Dalton)
Atlas Conservative
New York

Welcome to Atlasia!

Unfortunately you need 15 posts in the forum before you can register (and I think your account also needs to be a week old)

You might also be interested in knowing that the main party of the political right in Atlasia is the Federalist Party (with the main party of the political left being the Labor Party).

Of course you are allowed to start your own Conservative party as well
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2020, 05:44:23 PM »

From what I saw in some of the informational posts, there was the Atlas Conservative party.

I'll join the Federalists, but it's ironic since the Federalists IRL called for bigger government.

So, bear with me here, I have a few questions.

How do I get more posts if I am not running for something? Can I run for something right off the bat since I am new?

When are the next gubernatorial elections?

What are congressional districts?

Thanks for your help.

I guess that bit from the informational posts must be outdated. There actually used to exist a Conservative Party until very recently, I think they merged into the Federalists only 2 weeks ago.

Regarding posts you can just make 10 other posts somewhere else in the site; there are lots of sections to comment on, from general US politics to international politics and more specialized boards. Or even if you are only interested in Atlasia you can still post (and even campaign) in here; it's just that you will need to register again next week after attaining 15 posts.

There are lots of things you can do in here even if you are not elected. Commenting on bills, even if you are not an officeholder is certainly acceptable (though obviously you do not get a vote on bills); and so is commenting on other people's campaigns and threads (like say my own Senate reelection campaign; where my seat is up for reelection and you'd be one of my constituents Tongue ) or on other kinds of events happening in-game

As for running for office, I think there is a minimum posts and account age requirements for federal office (House, Senate and President & VP). However, nothing stops you from running for regional office. Your account must be a month old if running for governor; though by the time of the next election you will fulfill this requirement.

Next Lincoln gubernatorial election if I am not mistaken should take place in the 3rd weekend of July. You may be slightly more interested into running for the regional legislature instead, which is up in June, though you should coordinate that with your party. Currently the legislature has a unanimous 5-0 Labor majority (originally 4-1 but the Labor party picked up the remaining seat at a by-election). The incumbent governor is jk2020 (also known as Sestak); from the Law and Justice Party (a left wing satire party)

If you are interested in running for office I would personally send a Private Message to the chairman of the Federalist Party (NC Yankee); the deputy chairman (Louisville Thunder); or really any current Federalist officeholder. Assuming they didn't already contact you of course Tongue

Finally I will note that there are no congressional districts anywhere in Atlasia. The federal House of Representatives, as well as all the regional legislatures are elected at-large through Single Transferrable Voting (STV). The Senate is elected with 2 Senators per region, elected in 2 classes.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2020, 03:42:12 AM »

Welcome to the Game!
However you need 1 more post somewhere else and then repost this post to properly be registered as you need 15 posts to be registered.
actually it doesn't matter as long as they have 15 posts/7 days eventually

From what I understand it does matter, though getting one extra post is not too hard. Tbh I have sometimes thought about introducing a bill to tighten registration and/or activity requirements
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2020, 03:41:07 AM »

Honestly I hope you come back sooner rather than later; you certainly bring a lot to Atlasia despite not having held office in a while
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2020, 12:13:46 PM »

HarperCanuck
Federalist Party
Candidate for Fremont by election

Sorry, but "Candidate for Fremont by election" is not a state of Atlasia Tongue

If you want to register you need to use an actual US state. So for Fremont in particular you probably want to register in a western state like Washington state or Montana
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 06:56:47 PM »

Sword of Damocles
Labor
Washington (state)

Welcome to Atlasia! Unfortunately your account needs to be at least a week old to join, but please do come in here in 5 days or so! Smiley
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2020, 07:19:39 PM »

Sword of Damocles
Labor
Washington (state)

Welcome to Atlasia! Unfortunately your account needs to be at least a week old to join, but please do come in here in 5 days or so! Smiley
No, now they get counted when they meet the requirements and don’t have to re register. So Sword of Damocles will automatically be registered next Friday.

Oh ok nice! That seems like a sensible thing to do tbh
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2020, 05:00:46 PM »

Battista Minola 1616
Meadowlark Party
Nuevo México

Welcome to Atlasia! Smiley

I will note that the Meadowlark Party is a regional party though you are free to start it as a federal party as well Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2020, 08:40:27 PM »

Welcome to the best region and state in Atlasia! Smiley
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2020, 09:32:14 AM »

Welcome to the game, party and region!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2020, 07:29:44 AM »

fhtagn
Falange Atlasiana Tradicionalista y de las Juntas de Ofensiva Nacional Sindicalista (FAT y de las JONS)
Puerto Rico

Ah, I see you are officially becoming a fascist now Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2021, 08:51:56 AM »

Welcome to the game and party! Smiley
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2021, 12:45:42 PM »

Sorry, but Hong Kong isn't a state you can register in. Please pick any of the real life 50 states and you are in though! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies