It'll Rot Your Brain: Campaign Ads Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:16:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  It'll Rot Your Brain: Campaign Ads Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It'll Rot Your Brain: Campaign Ads Thread  (Read 30835 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:19:40 PM »

Boxer finally takes the gloves off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2lDIHyqo7Q

That interview with Fiorina is the best part.

Great ad, to be sure.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:15 PM »

Being bombarded by ads for the Senate race from both sides all day today, all attack ads too.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »

Ken Buck has a new ad: https://secure.piryx.com/donate/LEDTpkHr/Buck-for-Colorado/goodmanad

It's very positive and very well done. If Buck can shake off the ads trying to define him as another Sharron Angle (which he is not) he will win. Otherwise, he's got charisma, intelligence, conservative on fiscal issues, not a fundie, perfect for the state.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »

Ken Buck has a new ad: https://secure.piryx.com/donate/LEDTpkHr/Buck-for-Colorado/goodmanad

It's very positive and very well done. If Buck can shake off the ads trying to define him as another Sharron Angle (which he is not) he will win. Otherwise, he's got charisma, intelligence, conservative on fiscal issues, not a fundie, perfect for the state.

Hopefully the vets won't mind when Buck proposes privatizing their hospitals.

There's nothing particularly radical about that, particularly with the record veteran hospitals have...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 04:52:31 PM »

There's nothing particularly radical about that, particularly with the record veteran hospitals have...

Yep! Looks horrible to me!

In any case, Buck never said he'd privatize Veteran's hospitals:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

link

Yup, radical Tea Party stuff there.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2010, 05:03:06 PM by Vepres »

Yeah, because Buck has been a font of consistency from the primary to the general.

Actually, he has been. I challenge you to find one thing he truly flip-flopped on, and didn't just shift emphasis.

Edit: I grant you he flip-flopped on abortion, but that's the only one I can find.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »

The DSCC is running ads criticizing Buck's positions on birth control, which is always a sign of desperation in my opinion.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »

Yeah, because Buck has been a font of consistency from the primary to the general.

Actually, he has been. I challenge you to find one thing he truly flip-flopped on, and didn't just shift emphasis.

Edit: I grant you he flip-flopped on abortion, but that's the only one I can find.

17th Amendment repeal and the fair tax.

On the 17th amendment, his original statement is certainly ambiguous if not taken out of context. He was explaining that he didn't support the way it centralized power in Washington away from the states. His answer comes off as a poorly phrased comment, not some gaffe.

As for the fair tax, I really have no idea.

Not that Michael "we have nothing to show for our spending" Bennet is particularly consistent either Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:46:58 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2010, 06:17:59 PM by Vepres »

Yep! Looks horrible to me!

In any case, Buck never said he'd privatize Veteran's hospitals:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

link

Yup, radical Tea Party stuff there.

Privatizing VA hospitals is exactly what that says. Does he say the government should pay for the care? Yes. But you are not stupid enough to overlook the fact that there can be privatized hospitals with socialized funding mechanisms. If that wasn't the case, his statement would basically make no sense whatsoever.

Basically, what he's advocating there is more of a corporatist solution to a problem that doesn't exist. (A problem you tried to ramble about, and then sidestepped entirely when you realized there wasn't one.) There's no sense in mucking with something that works well, and what he shows here is basically just a complete lack of understanding on how well VA care is and favoring ideological solutions over empirically effective solutions.

He didn't say they were bad, he said privately run hospitals would be better, not privately owned. You are reading what you want to read, not what is actually there (and making a mountain out of a anthill I might add).

Besides, you freak out about this, since when did candidate (particularly first-time statewide candidates) not makes gaffes? I suspect that he (like most people) doesn't care about the DVA that much.

And, yeah, I wouldn't call one sentence "rambling".
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2010, 06:21:43 PM by Vepres »

And from the CBO in your link, Marokai: "...Such research is complicated by the fact that most users of VHA’s services receive at least part of their care from outside providers."

And quality is pointless if you have to sacrifice other things.

So, yeah...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »

Crist is opportunistic scum, I love that ad!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »

Another positive (Shocked) ad from Ken Buck: http://www.youtube.com/user/BuckForColorado
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 12:19:51 PM »

Wow, right for the jugular there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies