It'll Rot Your Brain: Campaign Ads Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:07:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  It'll Rot Your Brain: Campaign Ads Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It'll Rot Your Brain: Campaign Ads Thread  (Read 30890 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: September 11, 2010, 12:48:39 PM »

This campaign stump speech clip brought to mind that play, "The Death of a Salesman."  The crowd seemed more interested in chatting it up with each other than savoring the candidate's fire and brimstone red meat fare. Perhaps they sense that they are at the center of ground zero.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »

Here is a Linda McMahon ad. I think she has a very good presence on TV - she comes across as strong, calm, and reassuring, somehow, who won't be pushed around by the boys in Washington.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »

It may be a waste of money to pound Crist anymore. The guy is an animated cadaver (in fact he looks a bit like he is in that condition actually).  He is just not relevant anymore.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2010, 11:55:40 AM by Torie »

...Crist ...The guy is an animated cadaver (in fact he looks a bit like he is in that condition actually).

Um, look who's talking, Mr. Ripped.

Oh my! A personal attack!  Moderators, sic the impoverished aristocrat!  It is time to get the tumbrel out of the garage. Tongue

By the way, I would have certainly have done my little gun show, unlike these repressed gentlemen.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »

It was either outsourcing jobs or shutting down. What gives the ad punch though is tying that to the five corporate jets thing and tripling her salary. That just does not look good.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »

Which accomplishes absolutely zero. I think most folks would stipulate that Feingold is a more affable chap than say, to take a name at random, Harry Reid. Folks are not voting against Feingold because he is an ahole.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 09:14:47 PM »

Which accomplishes absolutely zero. I think most folks would stipulate that Feingold is a more affable chap than say, to take a name at random, Harry Reid. Folks are not voting against Feingold because he is an ahole.
Got to mix in the positive ads with the negative ones. Can't go all negative.

Which is why you are not a Republican. Have they had a positive message, ever?

It's morning in America.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:09:51 PM »

Folks already think Feingold is likable Lunar. Whatever, I think it is a total waste of money that will change zero votes. But maybe the ad just shows, that Feingold really does not have any arrows in his quiver. I assume he is not leading a clarion call to support the major Obama initiatives in his race is he?  I mean, is he running ads saying the stimulus money was the cat's meow, and Health Care Reform is great, and folks will realize it once they start getting benefits? 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 11:59:06 PM »

Got to mix in the positive ads with the negative ones. Can't go all negative.

Which is why you are not a Republican. Have they had a positive message, ever?

It's morning in America.

Ok, they had one bright eyed ad almost 30 years ago when old man Reagan could continue to arm and fund terrorists.

By the time of Iran-contra, is was afternoon in America.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »

He seems like a pretty good guy to go out for a beer with, after he loses the election. That is the "message" I got from the ad.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 07:04:09 PM »

Meek goes "in for the kill" to steal Politico's assessment of the ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7ZQDqzaOg

Should ensure that Meek gets 2nd place, though I doubt it gets him to first.

Reminds me of the Sestak ad, that is a death blow sort of ad, we'll see how it does and how many points the Dems can afford to put behind it.  I'm not sure what the math is for a Meek win, exactly, without Crist dropping out.

Is there any group in America that Crist has not pandered to? 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »

McMahon is doing just fine so far. I really like her style. She is one tough sister, yet stays composed. Blumenthal comes across as a weak and rather hesitant nebbish, relying on cliches and generalizations. He pushed hard on the evils of buying products from foreign nations (aka sending jobs overseas), as if interfering with that process is actually possible, putting aside its highly dubious wisdom (e.g retaliation and trade wars).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 11:53:17 PM »

What does "I will go to Washington" and do what you do," mean?  I mean, if I went to Washington, what I would do, is get laid as often as possible, given my celebrity, with hotter and younger looking folks than I can get into bed now - hopefully. Isn't that what Joe Six Pack would do, or folks like me shooting up hormones?  

The first part of the ad was pretty effective. I mean, when you have such an odd resume, and have such odd comments, you might as well cede that (which she basically did - that is the subtext), and try to look to the future. I doubt O'Donnell enjoyed making this ad (her type don't like to admit that they got anything wrong, and I suspect she still believes all of her nutterdom, lock, stock and barrel), but her new expensive handlers told her to suck it up, and just do it.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 04:30:50 PM »

I wonder if all these Dems campaigning as Pubbies will vote as Pubbies.  Yes, I already know the answer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies