Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:20:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent)  (Read 6678 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

« on: November 05, 2014, 03:58:06 AM »

I almost wish Warner lost too. Lazy coasting piece of sh**t. You can't let your guard down when you're dealing with mad men, which is what the party that won tonight is. It's war and every battle counts.

I've never felt so hateful and disappointed in my life.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:50:20 AM »

The old white demons plaguing this nation were even more bitter and emboldened this year knowing they'll never be able to vote out the black man in the Oval Office. This was their last shot to stick it to him. It's quite sad.

Everyone else wasn't given a clear enough reason to vote.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:53:10 AM »

I'm not that happy about holding NH and VA. They shouldn't have even been on the damn table. Both would have been lost if they were open seats.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 10:13:44 AM »

Jesus Christ this thread. The arrogance, narcissism and general delusion of the majority of the posters in this thread (many of whom manage to be perfectly reasonable most of the time) is just... staggering. I mean, throwing around terms like 'morally indefensible', an 'ideology that is an affront to man and God' (paraphrasing), 'the neanderthal age', 'evil', 'morally depraved'. What planet are you living on? An election has come and gone and the Republican party have taken a narrow majority in the Senate. So what? The world still turns, the Sun still shines, the birds still sing. Instead you'd think that Sauron had been reunited with the One Ring, judging by the comments here.

This thread is basically just an excuse for a bunch of woebegone politics junkies to engage, with other woebegone politics junkies, in hyperbolic, hypocritical moralistic cant. That's the sickening thing here, not that a bunch of perfectly nice people have defeated a bunch of other perfectly nice people in an election that probably won't change a lot anyway (given the lack of a filibusterproof majority and the Presidential veto). Seriously, go to a mirror, slap yourselves repeatedly, then read a good book. You'll feel much better.

LOLWUT!?  The GOP does not consist of "perfectly nice people", Cassius...I think that's what Nathan and I are trying to say here.  It's surprising that you were the one to come up with the obligatory "moderate-hero-everyone-chill-post-election" soliloquy, but it doesn't mean I can't dissect it for the BS that it is.  

-Trying to disenfranchise blacks is morally depraved and reprehensible
-Denying climate change because it is good for the profit margins of your donors is morally depraved and reprehensible
-Trying to repeal an act that has made healthcare affordable for millions is morally depraved and reprehensible
-Giving no ***** about the poor and homeless is morally depraved and reprehensible
-Keeping the minimum wage at levels where a 40 hour work week can't get you out of poverty is morally depraved and reprehensible

The GOP is morally depraved and reprehensible.  
This brought a tear to my eye. Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies