MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:45:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum  (Read 8950 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 04, 2015, 06:40:17 PM »
« edited: August 04, 2015, 06:53:53 PM by Mehmentum »

So PPP has Clinton up 5 on Bush nationally, but only up 2 in Minnesota?  That definitely supports the idea of a discrepancy between nationwide and state polling.  

The Minnesota and Illinois PPP polls are giving 2004-esqe results, which would indicate a narrow Republican victory.  The nationwide polls are looking more like 2012, a narrow Democratic victory.

One bright spot for Democrats in the state polls is Virginia, where Clinton held a commanding lead in the last PPP poll.  That could be the Dems' saving grace next year.

Edit: the Obama approvals support this.  PPP has Obama at -4 in MN, which is about even with his nationwide numbers. 
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:22:26 AM »

People bring up Sanders' low name recognition like he's automatically going to be viewed more favorably as his name rec. increases.  Most of the people who are undecided about him are conservatives and moderates, while Liberals have mostly already made up their minds about him.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2015, 10:54:07 AM by Mehmentum »

People bring up Sanders' low name recognition like he's automatically going to be viewed more favorably as his name rec. increases.  Most of the people who are undecided about him are conservatives and moderates, while Liberals have mostly already made up their minds about him.

Uh, I assure you that many Republicans WANT Clinton to be the nominee.
Sorry, I was referring to PPP's cross tabs (though now I see I didn't mention my source), which show that Moderates and Conservatives have high undecideds with regards to Sanders' favorability.  

Most of the people who aren't familiar with Sanders are Moderates and Conservatives, which means he's going to have a hard time keeping his breakeven favorability rating.

Not that Clinton's favorables are anything to be proud of.  But Clinton doing poorly isn't a reason to hold Sanders up as the 'electable candidate', he's not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies