Department of Federal Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 01:11:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections  (Read 72633 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2021, 05:20:54 PM »

Is that the case? My very vague recollection back from the 'death points' days was moderators only had a list of posts that had been deleted by moderators, rather than by the user, but I was never a mod so my memory may be failing me.

This is a very recent change I believe. I think the "recycling board" as it is called was only properly implemented in 2020. As late as 2019 an election I was running in which involved a similar scenario (double posting + deleted ballot) we were forced to depend on well timed screenshots and testimony from people who saw those ballots.

Although perhaps one of our resident mods or admins could say more.

I don't know the exact date of implementation and I want to say it has existed since I was mod in late 2019 though whether it was fully effective yet or not someone else would have to say. I have seen the deleted post in the recycle board as well and can confirm its existence.

The key thing to me, it would seem, is whether those two posts were less than twenty minutes apart.

The deleted post and the new post by Dabbing Santa are a minute and a half apart. The only difference is a change in formatting and how the Presidential selection was marked. All the candidate selections were the same.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2021, 05:21:38 PM »

Is that the case? My very vague recollection back from the 'death points' days was moderators only had a list of posts that had been deleted by moderators, rather than by the user, but I was never a mod so my memory may be failing me.

This is a very recent change I believe. I think the "recycling board" as it is called was only properly implemented in 2020. As late as 2019 an election I was running in which involved a similar scenario (double posting + deleted ballot) we were forced to depend on well timed screenshots and testimony from people who saw those ballots.

I don't know the exact date of implementation and I want to say it has existed since I was mod in late 2019 though whether it was fully effective yet or not someone else would have to say. I have seen the deleted post in the recycle board as well and can confirm its existence.

The key thing to me, it would seem, is whether those two posts were less than twenty minutes apart.

The deleted post and the new post by Dabbing Santa are a minute and a half apart. The only difference is a change in formatting and how the Presidential selection was marked.

This would seem to be a very clear cut case of 'editing' one's ballot in a slightly roundabout way!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2021, 05:22:39 PM »

Whether or not they were doesn't seem to matter? Both the FEA and the constitution do not permit the counting of votes from a poster who posts a ballot, deletes it, and posts another one:

Quote from: Constitution Art. I§4
All posts made in the voting booth shall be considered as ballots, and no citizen shall cast multiple ballots in any one election during the period the voting booth is open, upon penalty of the invalidation of their vote.

Quote from:  FEA 2019, §6
6. No voter may edit their ballot once twenty minutes have passed since its casting, nor may they delete their own ballot - either of these actions render the voter invalid for the election, and neither that ballot nor any other ballot cast by that voter in the same election shall be counted.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #478 on: June 22, 2021, 05:22:48 PM »

The deleted post and the new post by Dabbing Santa are a minute and a half apart. The only difference is a change in formatting and how the Presidential selection was marked.

This would seem to be a very clear cut case of 'editing' one's ballot in a slightly roundabout way!

I cannot speak for the voter in question, but from my read of the posts and quick succession of them this seems like a low info voter correcting a mistake the wrong way.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #479 on: June 22, 2021, 05:27:12 PM »

"editing" has a rather strict definition here. There is literally a button on the forum labeled "edit". There is a separate button labeled "delete", which the law treats as a case distinct from editing. I don't think any court of law would seriously entertain the notion that you can press the delete button and delete the posted ballot without "deleting your own ballot" in terms of the FEA.

Even if you want to argue it was an "edit", the fact remains that it was also a "deletion". And thus none of that poster's ballots can be valid.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #480 on: June 22, 2021, 05:31:15 PM »

The voter in question clearly only 'cast' one ballot though, which was not deleted. An earlier mistake was corrected in less than two minutes. Surely this is functionally identical to simply editing, within the time limit, as allowed?

Quote from: Constitution Art. I§4
All posts made in the voting booth shall be considered as ballots, and no citizen shall cast multiple ballots in any one election during the period the voting booth is open, upon penalty of the invalidation of their vote.

Quote from:  FEA 2019, §6
6. No voter may edit their ballot once twenty minutes have passed since its casting, nor may they delete their own ballot - either of these actions render the voter invalid for the election, and neither that ballot nor any other ballot cast by that voter in the same election shall be counted.

I am very skeptical that this is the first occasion that such a thing has happened and gone unnoticed in an Atlasian election, although it may be the first occasion on which it may be decisive in the result. It seems like very obscure grounds on which to disenfranchise a voter.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #481 on: June 22, 2021, 05:38:57 PM »

I am very skeptical that this is the first occasion that such a thing has happened and gone unnoticed in an Atlasian election, although it may be the first occasion on which it may be decisive in the result. It seems like very obscure grounds on which to disenfranchise a voter.

It has happened several times before, and has been universal consensus each time that a deletion and repost - no matter how quick - is not permitted. No one has even bothered to contest it because of how incredibly obvious this is.

And again, "all posts made in the voting booth shall be considered as ballots". Two separate posts - with separate timestamps, separate message identifiers, etc. - were made. Thus two ballots were posted.

If Process A is functionally identical to Process B, but also utilizes a subprocess, which we can call C, which B does not, then you can perhaps argue that a voter carrying out Process A should be legally considered to be carrying out Process B. But what you can't argue is that the voter should not be considered to have carried out subprocess C.

If process A is what DabbingSanta did, and process B is 'editing', then process C is 'deletion'.

And again, 'all posts in the voting booth shall be considered as ballots'. A post in the voting booth was deleted, this is an undeniable fact that has been corroborated by forum moderation. Therefore a ballot was deleted. What you are claiming is essentially equivalent to throwing out the law entirely.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #482 on: June 22, 2021, 05:43:37 PM »

Court case court case!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #483 on: June 22, 2021, 05:44:55 PM »

The funny thing is I knew what this post was gonna say before he even made it. Tongue Someone's bored.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #484 on: June 22, 2021, 06:06:58 PM »

Maybe you'd be less bored if you swore in Tongue
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #485 on: August 19, 2021, 08:11:40 PM »

WARNING! Do not vote until 0:00 EDT! You will have 72 hours in which to vote - there's no rush!

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EDT Friday August 20 and ending 0:00 EDT Monday August 23.

2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you have made 8 posts on the Atlas Forum in the past 8 weeks, have registered as a voter with the Registrar General more than 7 days before the start of the election, and have not had your voting rights stripped as a result of deregistration or a court verdict.

3. You must vote by ranking your choices in the order of your preference: 1 for your first preference, 2 for your second preference, and so on. You may write in preferences for candidates not on the ballot. If you only wish to preference one candidate, marking an X next to the candidate's name or simply writing the candidate's name is sufficient, provided that you do not wish your vote to transfer to other candidates.

4. If you do not wish to vote for any candidate on the ballot nor to write in a candidate, you may vote for None of the Above as your first preference. All candidates ranked under None of the Above will not receive those preferences during the counting of the votes.

5. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it within this thread. Deleting your ballot at any time or editing it after 20 minutes will result in the invalidation of your vote.

6. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification. While the alphabetically-ordered ballot below is provided for your convenience should you wish to quote this post, you may order the candidates on your ballot however you would like.

NATIONAL SENATE - NINE SEATS

[  ] AGA of New York
Liberal Party

[  ] DeadPrez of Colorado
Federalist Party

[  ] discovolante of Pennsylvania
Lista 'Lidia Bastianich - For Life!'

[  ] KoopaDaQuick of Iowa
Independent

[  ] OBD of Rhode Island
Labor Party

[  ] S019 of New Jersey
Labor Party

[  ] Utah Neolib of Utah
Democratic Alliance

[  ] weatherboy1102 of South Carolina
Democratic Alliance

[  ] wxtransit of Texas
Democratic Alliance

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #486 on: August 23, 2021, 09:04:11 PM »

Will upload specific votes tomorrow.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #487 on: October 21, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 02:22:42 PM by Trans Rights Are Human Rights »

WARNING! Do not vote until 0:00 EDT! You will have 72 hours in which to vote - there's no rush!

Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EDT Friday October 22 and ending 0:00 EDT Monday October 25.

2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you have made 8 posts on the Atlas Forum in the past 8 weeks, have registered as a voter with the Registrar General more than 7 days before the start of the election, and have not had your voting rights stripped as a result of deregistration or a court verdict.

3. You must vote by ranking your choices in the order of your preference: 1 for your first preference, 2 for your second preference, and so on. You may write in preferences for candidates not on the ballot. If you only wish to preference one candidate, marking an X next to the candidate's name or simply writing the candidate's name is sufficient, provided that you do not wish your vote to transfer to other candidates.

4. If you do not wish to vote for any candidate on the ballot nor to write in a candidate, you may vote for None of the Above as your first preference. All candidates ranked under None of the Above will not receive those preferences during the counting of the votes.

5. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it within this thread. Deleting your ballot at any time or editing it after 20 minutes will result in the invalidation of your vote.

6. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification. While the alphabetically-ordered ballot below is provided for your convenience should you wish to quote this post, you may order the candidates on your ballot however you would like.

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF ATLASIA

[  ] MB of the Northern Mariana Islands / CraneHusband of Massachusetts
Revolutionary Communist Party

[  ] Peebs of North Carolina / VARepublican of Virginia
Peace/Federalist Party

[  ] Rep. Joseph Cao of Illinois / Computer89 (Old School Republican) of New York
Federalist Party

[  ] Scott of Wyoming / Battista Minola 1616 of New Mexico
Labor Party/Independent

[  ] Spark498 of Florida / CentristRepublican of California
Federalist Party/Democratic Alliance

[  ] tedbessell of California / HCP of New Mexico
Revolutionary Communist Party/Lista 'Lidia Bastianich - For Life!'

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

[  ] CraneHusband of Massachusetts

Federalist Party

[[  ] discovolante of Pennsylvania
Lista 'Lidia Bastianich - For Life!'

[  ] MB of the Northern Mariana Islands

[  ] OBD of Oregon
Labor Party

[  ] S019 of New Jersey
Labor Party

[  ] Utah Neolib of Utah
Democratic Alliance

Democratic Alliance

[  ] Western Democrat of Oregon
Labor Party

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

I should have gotten everything. I imagine OSR will ask to have OSR appended to his original username soon enough.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #488 on: October 21, 2021, 01:04:48 PM »

Can I be put in on the ballot as Old School Republican
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #489 on: October 21, 2021, 01:49:43 PM »

Who's Urah Neolib?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #490 on: October 21, 2021, 02:22:56 PM »

Can I be put in on the ballot as Old School Republican
Done.
sh**t. Fixed.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #491 on: October 27, 2021, 03:32:46 PM »

Federal Results

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #492 on: October 31, 2021, 08:01:02 AM »

Yikes, 75-49. For some reason I thought this election had actually been close-ish
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #493 on: October 31, 2021, 10:33:13 AM »

Yikes, 75-49. For some reason I thought this election had actually been close-ish
Would have been less close if you voted Angry
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #494 on: October 31, 2021, 11:55:48 AM »

it would have if the feds had won our support

Assuming 13 switches (which I think is about right for if Cao got our support instead) then the race would've been tied 62-62.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #495 on: October 31, 2021, 12:23:56 PM »

Assuming 13 switches (which I think is about right for if Cao got our support instead) then the race would've been tied 62-62.
No? Scott got the votes of Lumine/ASV/Utah Neolib/you/Sirius/Cokeland Saxton/Transit while Cao got the votes of andjey/Chips/RC/AGA so it would have been closer hadn't you guys switched, but Scott would ultimately win by 7 in the end.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #496 on: October 31, 2021, 12:32:16 PM »

No? Scott got the votes of Lumine/ASV/Utah Neolib/you/Sirius/Cokeland Saxton/Transit while Cao got the votes of andjey/Chips/RC/AGA so it would have been closer hadn't you guys switched, but Scott would ultimately win by 7 in the end.

I counted wrong, don't mind me
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #497 on: December 09, 2021, 11:48:18 AM »

Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EDT Friday December 10 and ending 0:00 EDT Monday December 13.

[  ] CentristRepublican of California
Democratic Alliance

[  ] Computer89 of New York
Federalist Party

[  ] CraneHusband of Massachusetts

[  ] DabbingSanta of Michigan
Patriot Party

Federalist Party

Primitivist Front

[  ] FrancoAgo of Connecticut

[  ] MB of the Northern Marianas Islands

[  ] OBD of Rhode Island
Labor Party

[  ] S019 of New Jersey
Labor Party

Democratic Alliance

[  ] West_Midlander of North Carolina
Federalist Party

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

While I could carry over OSR's request from two months ago's ballot, I also don't really want to. That said, I imagine it will be applied soon enough.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #498 on: December 14, 2021, 12:40:08 PM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oTFg3X9DjkfZ3WWk2CuOGJRZn59nwk2I/view?usp=sharing

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #499 on: February 17, 2022, 08:08:51 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2022, 09:31:05 PM by woman who believes that males are bad »

Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EDT Friday February 18 and ending 0:00 EDT Monday February 21.

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF ATLASIA

[  ] DabbingSanta of Michigan / GregTheGreat657 of New York
Patriot Party

[  ] LouisvilleThunder of Kentucky / AGA of New York
Federalist Party/Democratic Alliance

[  ] Parrotguy of New York / Skunk of Oklahoma
Neo-Kantian Front for Peace, Democracy, and Prosperity (Taylor's Version)

[  ] OBD of Oregon / Utah Neolib of Wisconsin
Labor Party/Democratic Alliance

[  ] S019 of New Jersey / FalterinArc of Washington
Labor Party/Norbert Rottgen Fan Club

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

[  ] CalamityBlue of California

[  ] CentristRepublican of California
Democratic Alliance

[  ] Computer89 of New York
Federalist Party

[  ] Crane of Virginia

[  ] DabbingSanta of Michigan
Patriot Party

Federalist Party

[  ] OBD of Oregon
Labor Party

[  ] S019 of New Jersey
Labor Party

Democratic Alliance

[  ] West_Midlander of North Carolina
Federalist Party

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

I should have gotten everything. I imagine OSR will ask to have OSR appended to his original username soon enough.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to change Crane's thing.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies