The Institute of 2012 GOP nomination Intrade rankings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:41:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Institute of 2012 GOP nomination Intrade rankings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Institute of 2012 GOP nomination Intrade rankings  (Read 204082 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« on: April 06, 2009, 07:04:16 AM »

I'm suprised Palin isn't at least 2nd. I don't think she is going to win the nomination, but she is probably more likely than Jindal of Huckabee.
40% of America love Palin. Whether they will still love her in 3 years, I don't know. I like her a lot, but I won't vote for her, because I know, that unless Obama's approval ratings are below 40%, she will lose. I would feel much more comfortable voting for Crist, even though we don't agree on some issues.
Like I said I don't think she will end up winning the nomination, but I still think she is more likely than most potential Republican candidates at this point, many of whom probably won't run at all.

To be honest, I'm not at all convinced that Palin will run either.  I'd say that, for example, Palin is probably less likely to run than Pawlenty.  But Jindal, OTOH, is *really* unlikely to run.  No way should he be as high as 17.0.  (Although, if Jindal did run, I think he'd be more likely to win the nom. than Palin.  Palin seems far more likely to self-destruct during the long primary campaign.)

Oh, and for amusement, here are the 2012 Democratic nomination odds:

Obama 85.1
Clinton 10.0
Biden 8.0

I'd love to know how Biden was doing at intrade in March 2005 for '08.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:00:48 AM »

Jindal has dropped to third place, and Palin is down to 10.0, which is as low as she's been since mid-November:

Romney 24.1
Huckabee 13.9
Jindal 12.1
Sanford 11.0
Palin 10.0
Pawlenty 10.0

I would've put my money on Romney anyway at this point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies