Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:09:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet"  (Read 2891 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 21, 2017, 10:32:48 PM »

In Trump's mind, and that of a considerable portion of Americans, wealth is equivalent to talent and ability. So, if you're poor, it's solely because you're untalented and/or unmotivated. Of course, viewing people that way, you wouldn't want poor people in your cabinet.

Anyone with sense knows that's total garbage, but that would require conceding America isn't the land of 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' like the right-wing love to proclaim.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:47:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yup.

I can't tell you how many people I know who voted for Trump because he was a successful, wealthy businessman.

It never occurs to people there are alot of stupid people with money. Trump being the perfect example of this.

If the existence of the Kardashians hasn't blown that myth to pieces then nothing will.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:26:16 PM »

Be honest people: how many poor people do you know who'd even be qualified to run a federal department? Using a sensible definition of poor, anyway...

Aren't you supposed to be some kind of Christian "communitarian"?

Dude doesn't want poor people running federal departments, yet his savior is a homeless Middle Eastern refugee carpenter born in a manger to an unwed teenage mother...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies