What does the GOP stand for? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:47:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What does the GOP stand for? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What does the GOP stand for?  (Read 3606 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: February 10, 2006, 01:42:07 PM »

Granted, the level of stupidity and waste are excessive and a circumstantial case can be built that they are actually trying it - but the same evidence could be used to show they are simply stupid, corrupt and fiscal misfits. The voters will catch on sooner or later I think.

I think you're forgetting that it's the voters who put those people in power in the first place. Wink

Sadly though, the likely result is gonna be that the voters will replace the current group of stupid, corrupt, fiscal misfit politicians with a brand spanking new group of stupid, corrups, fiscal misfit politicians(since they're new, they'll be shiny and thus more attractive to idiots).
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 02:40:34 PM »

You are most likely correct. Honestly, all I ask for at this point is a split government that can not do very much of anything in terms of spending (or anything else for that matter) and is forced to grudgingly pay down the debt for lack of anything else to do.

Fix it for good by breaking up the stranglehold the Republicans and Democrats have over the nation and start voting for parties that actually represent the people and not their own interests.

While a few people will do that, it's unlikely enough will. I've determined what we need to do first is change the way our representatives are elected - the plurality system is what allows the two parties to maintain their stranglehold because people are too afraid to waste their vote on someone who probably won't win. I say approval voting would be good, but there are other systems.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies