Is the Republican party a racist party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:30:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is the Republican party a racist party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 128

Author Topic: Is the Republican party a racist party?  (Read 3581 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 30, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »

Saying you want to follow the law and keep people from coming across the border unless they do it legally is not racist. Any single way you slice it.

What about saying the majority of immigrants are rapists? Is that racist enough for you?

Statistics have shown that immigrants are much less likely to commit crimes than native-born citizens.

Reaganfan keeps avoiding this fact.
He doesn't want to touch it, because the truth hurts. The issue is beyond just "following the law and keeping people from coming across the border." trump said more than that !
It's easier for people who support trump, to just put on their blinders and cover their ears to some of what Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer said, and just accept and intake what they like most.
Pure mental denial.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »

Saying you want to follow the law and keep people from coming across the border unless they do it legally is not racist. Any single way you slice it.

What about saying the majority of immigrants are rapists? Is that racist enough for you?

Statistics have shown that immigrants are much less likely to commit crimes than native-born citizens.

Reaganfan keeps avoiding this fact.
He doesn't want to touch it, because the truth hurts. The issue is beyond just "following the law and keeping people from coming across the border." trump said more than that !
It's easier for people who support trump, to just put on their blinders and cover their ears to some of what Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer said, and just accept and intake what they like most.
Pure mental denial.

I'm not avoiding the fact. First of all, most Republicans support some path to citizenship. So your argument that all Republicans wanna keep Mexicans out is ridiculously flawed.

The fact is you liberals believe in freedom of Speech, unless you disagree with it. That doesn't make it illegal. You can't outlaw vague opinions. Racism, offensiveness, they're all opinions. I find things offensive you might not. We can't outlaw them.

I think the sad truth for me is...I don't really care. Do I care of my President is pro-gay marriage or against it? Not really. Do I care if my President wants to build a wall or create a pathway to citizenship? Not really. (After all, I'd vote for Jeb as fast as I'd vote for Trump) Do I care about the color of my Presidents skin? No, I really could care less. I'd vote for Condi Rice should she be the GOP nominee.

It's sad when in 2016 America, REAGANFAN is the open-minded one.

Oh for crissakes, Reaganfan. NO ONE HERE SPOKE ABOUT "OUTLAWING" OPPOSING POINTS OF VIEWS!! No one here, that is, except YOU.

What's happening here is some posters are suggesting that the GOP is racist based in part on campaign rhetoric from likely nominee Trump. That DOES NOT mean they are forbidding such comments or limiting free speech by Trump or supporters, but rather THEY are expressing THEIR right to free speech.

Really man, many of your posts....fail to catch the point to put it nicely, but you shouldn't need something this basic explained to you.

Just returned to this website, and read Reaganfan's post.
And I am thinking the same as what Badger just wrote.

Reaganfan,
You wrote: "your argument that all Republicans wanna keep Mexicans out is ridiculously flawed."
Where did I write that ? I have never held that position before.

You wrote: "The fact is you liberals believe in freedom of Speech, unless you disagree with it.. That doesn't make it illegal. You can't outlaw vague opinions. Racism, offensiveness, they're all opinions. I find things offensive you might not. We can't outlaw them."
Again, I never said anything remotely close to this. Nor have I seen anyone else say that opinions are "illegal" and should be "outlawed." That is ridiculous ! Of course everyone has a right to "speech" and "opinions."

In conclusion: You are delusional !! It seems that you create these weird and strange ideas in your head, so that you feel better about your own positions. NO ONE is trying to control your freedom of speech. Feel free to express your opinions. And don't worry .... there are no monsters under your bed or in your closet. Geeeeshhh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies