Fascinating article/map on southern whites (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Fascinating article/map on southern whites (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fascinating article/map on southern whites  (Read 4677 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: April 25, 2014, 06:23:42 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not that I don't believe it, but I'd be interested to see some polling on that.

I actually disagree. They're still conservative by national standards, but not quit on par with previous generations.

On a related note, our own poster Sol did a DKE diary taking a more detailed look at the white vote in NC.

As much as I'd like to take credit for that wise diary, that's not actually me.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »

That map of the white vote in North Carolina is very interesting.   I'm somewhat surprised by how relatively well Obama did among whites in the rural mountain counties.

White voting in Buncombe, Watauga, and Jackson counties (and too a lesser extent Polk and Transylvania) is a bit like Oregon- lots of White lefties and Conservatives, but very few minorities, except on the Cherokee reservation in Jackson County.

The other close areas around Asheville are largely tied to local Blue Dog traditions.

An interesting question: Did Obama win the white vote in Jackson County? I remember reading somewhere that he did, but I doubt it, considering the high Cherokee population. Of course, turnout might be crap...paging Lewis Trondheim?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies