Describe a Biden voter who has never entered a Biden precinct since Biden took office/vice-versa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:51:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe a Biden voter who has never entered a Biden precinct since Biden took office/vice-versa
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Biden voter who has never entered a Biden precinct since Biden took office/vice-versa  (Read 708 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 05, 2022, 02:28:17 PM »

Aka also a Trump voter who has never entered a Trump precinct since Biden took office.

Go.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 02:37:02 PM »

a Trump voter who has never entered a Trump precinct since Biden took office

First example that came to mind was Trump 2020 voters in the Bay Area
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 02:42:14 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2022, 03:54:11 PM by Sol »

Someone who doesn't travel much. Easiest version is someone who doesn't own a car and lives in an area which is opposite to their political preferences. There are probably more Trump voters who haven't been in Trump precincts than the other way around because there are more people without cars in that particular situation.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 02:45:51 PM »

Biden: Meatpacking plant worker in western Kansas, family is local and can't afford long distance travel with current gas prices

Trump: NYC corporate lawyer who doesn't own a car and has no free time to take a vacation, also their firm has yet to resume business travel after COVID
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 03:11:22 PM »

Biden: Meatpacking plant worker in western Kansas, family is local and can't afford long distance travel with current gas prices

Trump: NYC corporate lawyer who doesn't own a car and has no free time to take a vacation, also their firm has yet to resume business travel after COVID

Literally my answer was going to just be one of the random west Kansas Biden voters who just doesn’t like to travel/can’t afford to
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 04:16:34 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2022, 04:22:36 PM by Skill and Chance »

Literally my answer was going to just be one of the random west Kansas Biden voters who just doesn’t like to travel/can’t afford to

Yes, the Biden one is harder.  Numerically, there are going to be plenty of Trump voters who live downtown in a major city and have stayed local, particularly with the uptick in Trump support in NYC, where almost every precinct is blue and few people have cars.
Babeuf

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 06:56:18 PM »

Someone who's bedridden and casts an absentee ballot.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 07:03:58 PM »

Yes, the Biden one is harder.  Numerically, there are going to be plenty of Trump voters who live downtown in a major city and have stayed local, particularly with the uptick in Trump support in NYC, where almost every precinct is blue and few people have cars.
Actually my parents and my brother would be such Biden voters if they didn't visit Minnesota and Fargo. So a Democrat in Bismarck who does is another likely pick and probably not that uncommon. Also Democrats in places like Rapid City and Kalispell and Great Falls, MT.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 07:13:00 PM »

Actually my parents and my brother would be such Biden voters if they didn't visit Minnesota and Fargo. So a Democrat in Bismarck who does is another likely pick and probably not that uncommon. Also Democrats in places like Rapid City and Kalispell and Great Falls, MT.

The challenge is that most rural people are used to driving long distances regularly, and interstates will tend to go through the blue areas.  If they need to access a big city service at least once in 18 months, that takes them off the the list.  Hence western Kansas/Oklahoma where you have an industry that concentrates extremely poor people who can't afford to drive much and the nearest cities would be reddish Wichita and OKC.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 07:31:23 PM »

The challenge is that most rural people are used to driving long distances regularly, and interstates will tend to go through the blue areas.  If they need to access a big city service at least once in 18 months, that takes them off the the list.  Hence western Kansas/Oklahoma where you have an industry that concentrates extremely poor people who can't afford to drive much and the nearest cities would be reddish Wichita and OKC.
Not talking about rural areas but cities with not much else around them and no Biden precincts. Although people in rural areas nearby that rely on the cities I mentioned qualify too as well as places like Casper, WY and Twin Falls, ID...but a lot less Biden voters in those rural areas.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 07:49:16 PM »

Upon looking things up scratch Rapid City, it actually has some prominent Biden precincts around downtown...Casper actually has a tied precinct but none actually won by Biden. Abilene, TX is one that would work though.

Also both Dodge City and Garden City have Biden precincts in prominent locations so probably not many in western Kansas actually.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2022, 08:10:27 PM »

Upon looking things up scratch Rapid City, it actually has some prominent Biden precincts around downtown...Casper actually has a tied precinct but none actually won by Biden. Abilene, TX is one that would work though.

Also both Dodge City and Garden City have Biden precincts in prominent locations so probably not many in western Kansas actually.

Central Nebraska around Grand Island, Kearny, Hastings has no Biden precincts. So easily a person from Grand Island, it self. Biden’s best precinct is Trump +5.9. I can easily imagine a young professional who moved there for family that voted for biden but hasn’t left the area as they don’t have reason to. Grand Island has a small restaurant science, a small water park, supermakets, and a few hospitals. It’s easy to imagine someone not leaving for months at a time.

The nearest precincts are either in Lincoln or Lexington
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2022, 01:47:12 AM »

This is fun!

For Biden: An elderly woman living somewhere red who doesn't leave the House and voted for Biden via mail-in/absentee in 2020. She doesn't leave the house too often and never strays too far, and since the whole local area is blood red and the immediately surrounding areas are two, she's never actually been to a Biden precinct.

For Trump: A Trump voter in inner-city Boston. Boston's very blue, and so are entire swaths of land around it. Assuming this person stays local and doesn't go massively far from Boston, or simply flies to other cities rather than drive there, it's very possible he's not entered a Trump precinct since Biden got inaugurated.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2022, 11:55:16 PM »

A Biden voter that died in a Trump precinct and a Trump voter that died in a Biden precinct. You never said they had to be alive.
omar04

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2022, 12:28:15 AM »

I think this would be almost impossible two and a half years out except people who physically are unable to travel.

http://maps.rynerohla.com/election-maps/2020-presidential-general-election-maps/
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2022, 12:28:33 AM »

Wouldn't any US citizen living overseas who voted count?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies