Financial Regulatory Reform Bill of 2009 [Debating] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:39:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Financial Regulatory Reform Bill of 2009 [Debating] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Financial Regulatory Reform Bill of 2009 [Debating]  (Read 6986 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: December 03, 2009, 02:25:20 AM »

I'll repeat my question: Does credit unions are entering in the definition of bank in this bill?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »

I'll repeat my question: Does credit unions are entering in the definition of bank in this bill?

No, I don't think so. But I am open to hearing why they should or should not. Also most of these regulations apply to unregulated or underegulated institutions like Hedge Funds and Investment banks. Traditional Banks are for the most part already heavilly regulated. As such I would assume that Credit unions are as well but I could be wrong and I would interested in hearing a more indepth analysis of the matter from yourself.

That was only a question. I unable to give you an indepth analysis of that. Economy is too complex for me, I leave that to other ones, especially for Atlasian details.

Considering than credit are, for the most part, banks whose shareholders are the members of the credit union, i.e. persons who have an account, and by the fact than each member has a vote, no matter how much capital he has in the credit union. They are also have membership restrictions in Atlasia, they only can have members who are living in specific place, who are doing the same job or who are working a the same place. I disagree with those restrictions, but that is not the point.

Credit unions members shouldn't lose all their money if their financial institution collaspes. They deserve as much prtoection than banks customers, they shouldn't be protected because they made a different choice.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:48:58 PM »

I would change Section 3(d) to January 1, 2011. A few weeks to comply is a bit too fast.

Why not July 1, 2010?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 12:38:10 AM »

To be completely honest, I really don't understand this stuff  Tongue  Unless someone presents some reason not to, I'll probably vote in favor.

You guys are killing me here. Tongue

I really would prefer this to be seriously reviewed. It should have has much focus and consideration as the Stimulus and Health Care bills we passed, had.

Well, it is hard when we don't understand one word on two.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 11:42:12 PM »

Nay, then
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies