Log Cabin Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:48:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Log Cabin Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Log Cabin Republicans
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Log Cabin Republicans  (Read 7475 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: November 27, 2005, 09:46:34 AM »

Freedom Fighters...though a bit misguided.

The fact that they stay put in a party where they often tend to be unwelcome is a gutsy decision, however they are not agenda setters and could probably have more influence if they were members of the Democratic Party. Having said that I do support them in principle and that they are truer to traditions of the Republican Party that the evangelist intelligent design nutters are.

Intelligent design is no more a nuttier idea then Evolution.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 01:32:18 AM »

I doubt it.  You show me a black member of the Alabama Democratic Party in 1950 and I'll eat my hat.  It was a sudden influx during the civil rights era when the Democrats ended the New Deal coalition in favor of bringing equality to the oppressed.

The main reason that blacks left the GOP in the 50's is due to the fact that Republicans were largely ignoring their requests. The book Southern Politics by V.O. Key goes into great depths about this subject. Really by the time the solid south switched over to GOP many southern blacks had already left the party. The fault for the switch is on the main leaders of the GOP in the late 40's for almost completely ignoring the black membership and taking the black vote for granted.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »

The picture showed several undressed men. One of the pictures partially showed a penis. And yes I reported it if you have a problem with it, PM me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies