Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:07:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24711 times)
milhouse24
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »

Liberals are just grasping at any issue that takes voters minds off the economy; and make Romney seem like an evil wall street capitalist shark. 

I'll tell you what is in Romney's tax returns, probably the same stuff that was in the past 2 years!  Since 2008, he has been a private citizen without a full time job.  His income is derived from speeches and investments.  Should he disclose every investment he's made in his lifetime?  Maybe or maybe not. 

He's been involved with a lot of businesses; and some of those takeovers have been controversial.  Liberals are just trying to grab onto anything controversial that would make Romney look bad based on his past investments, and business operations. 

He probably has paid less in Income tax because he hasn't had a full time job since 2002.  Most of his taxes are capital gains.  It might seem lower than the average middle class worker, but that is the nature of the industry he was working in.  Romney retired from full-time work in 2002, so why would he have to pay taxes if he had very limited income tax? 
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:30:56 PM »

He doesn't have to pay any income taxes because he has no steady income.  He retired in 2002. 

I think he might have a lot of controversial investments or offshore accounts.  He probably has complicated trusts and retirement accounts.  I'm sure there's some tricky tax avoidance techniques. 

He doesn't want to release them because they'll stir up more controversy.  If the government is so interested in his finances, Obama can just audit Romney.  There's nothing wrong or political with that. 
milhouse24
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »

The more I think about, the more personally disgusting the actions of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid appear. 

It is outright lying to wildly claim that Romney "did not pay any taxes for ten years" or imply that Romney was dishonest in his tax filings. 

Romney may have had a low tax rate based on his capital gains/retirement accounts.  But Reid is implying a more sinister accusation that Romney is cheating the US government and a tax dodger. 

It is just personally disgusting for the Senate leader to lie without any proof that another US Citizen is purposely evading taxes.  It doesn't matter if you are accusing your neighbor, your boss, or a presidential candidate about tax evasion without any solid proof. 

Harry Reid's statements are worst than gutter politics because he is claiming the IRS is not doing its job, and that Romney did not pay his required american taxes. 

I think that there will be an Ethics Violation for Harry Reid, but I don't think he cares at this point in his life.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/four-pinocchios-for-harry-reids-claim-about-mitt-romneys-taxes/2012/08/06/c31a1402-e007-11e1-8fc5-a7dcf1fc161d_blog.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies