CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:47:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out  (Read 15297 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: June 01, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »
« edited: June 01, 2015, 03:40:39 PM by IceSpear »

Good break for Bennet. I don't think Coffman was some super electable titan, but he probably was the best the CO GOP had.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 01:38:34 AM »

It was pretty surprising that Gardner only won by 2 points. Udall ran one of the worst campaigns I've ever seen in my life (literally the entire campaign was "muh abortion".) Apparently he didn't realize that while attacking Republicans for being weak on women's health care is a good wedge issue, it's not something you should base your entire f'ing campaign around if you want to be taken remotely seriously. Totally bizarre behavior, particularly for an incumbent Senator.

I'm guessing the relatively close margin partly had to do with the fact that the COGOP is a completely incompetent mess. Their chosen candidate drops out due to plagiarism in 2010, and they end up nominating some conspiracy nutjob, who they promptly disown and are forced into backing Tom Tancredo (lol) as a Constitution Party candidate. They lose a gimme Senate race by nominating a sexist unlikable bigot. They decide to suspend democracy because they apparently don't trust their own voters to vote "the correct way." And now they may very well throw away yet another Senate race by having to resort to running a Some Dude against a clearly vulnerable Senator. What a joke this party is. It really needs to start getting mentioned in those "worst state party" threads.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 12:53:33 AM »

Jon Keyser failed to make the ballot. He submitted 16,067 signatures, but only 11,436 were deemed valid. He needed 1,500 from each CD, and he apparently fell 86 signatures short in CD 3.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/jon-keyser-senate-primary-colorado-222423

And my post right above yours accepts its accolades. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 04:53:39 PM »

Lol, this seat was handed to them on a silver platter in 2004, in 2010 and now in 2016 and the CO GOP threw it away three times in a row lol.

If I was Cory Gardner I'd probably start building my own infrastructure outside of the COGOP. He's gonna need it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies