AK-AL - Alaska Survey Research: Galvin +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:42:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AK-AL - Alaska Survey Research: Galvin +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-AL - Alaska Survey Research: Galvin +2  (Read 1192 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: October 07, 2020, 03:26:03 PM »

Eh we’ve seen this multiple times here.  I’ve lost count of the times Don Young has trailed in polls and then went on to win.

Agreed. Don Young will be in the House until he is carried out in a gurney. He will not lose, even if Dan Sullivan goes down to Al Gross.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 11:54:22 PM »

Agreed. Don Young will be in the House until he is carried out in a gurney. He will not lose, even if Dan Sullivan goes down to Al Gross.

Young did worse than Dunleavy in 2018 and is doing six points worse (in terms of margin) than Sullivan in this poll, so it’s not exactly impossible for him to lose while Sullivan wins narrowly, especially in a massive Democratic wave.

Yes, it's possible for Young to lose, but I personally doubt it, given that he survived both 2008 and 2018. If he did lose, he would be the first Dean in almost ninety years to lose a general election, since Gilbert N. Haugen was swept out of office in Roosevelt's 1932 landslide.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 12:19:51 AM »

Young did worse than Dunleavy in 2018 and is doing six points worse (in terms of margin) than Sullivan in this poll, so it’s not exactly impossible for him to lose while Sullivan wins narrowly, especially in a massive Democratic wave.

Yes, it's possible for Young to lose, but I personally doubt it, given that he survived both 2008 and 2018. If he did lose, he would be the first Dean in almost ninety years to lose a general election, since Gilbert N. Haugen was swept out of office in Roosevelt's 1932 landslide.

What's your point?

What do you mean? I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Young losing-I'm just expressing my personal opinion that he won't. And I was reflecting on an interesting fact-this is an Elections Board after all, where we can share and muse over such information.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies