Bayh's numbers in Indiana look great... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:02:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Bayh's numbers in Indiana look great... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bayh's numbers in Indiana look great...  (Read 4315 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: April 05, 2005, 10:02:35 AM »

i seriously doubt it -if Mark Warner is unlikely to carry his own state if he is the Democratic presidential nominee, how much more likely would Evan Bayh carry his? 

Did you read the first post in this thread?  His polling numbers are well above Warners in their respective states.  Bayh's last name is a fixture in Indiana politics.  Bayh has won 5 statewide elections.  Warner has only won one.  Bayh has held 3 different positions in Indiana.  Warner has only held one.  Dont hate on Bayh because you want Feingold.  Wink

I agree Nick - Bayh is much more revered among Hoosiers than Warner is among Virginians. While, they both have pretty solid centrist credentials,  Bayh has the experience and appears somewhat 'Teflon' - much to the chagrin of the GOP

Frodo - wouldn't you find a Bayh/Feingold ticket attractive? I would. Bayh could take the fight and be competitive in red states; while, Feingold can rally the Democratic base

I think Bayh could potentially carry the Mid-West region, with the exception of Kentucky and even there, I dare say he'd run the GOP close

Bayh can connect with small town and rural voters in a way that Kerry couldn't. If Bayh won the nomination, there'd be a lot more blue counties in both red states and blue

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies