Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:07:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107981 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: February 21, 2005, 09:29:58 AM »

FDR just sent me this bill to introduce:

1. Atlasia shall recall its ambassador from Togo
2. The Ambassador of the Togolese Republic to the Republic of Atlasia will have until Feb 28 to leave Atlasia (is it legal for countries to kick out diplomats?)
3. No Atlasian group or individual shall do commercial operations in the Togolese Republic unless given explicit permission from the Department of State
4. All assets related to the Togolese regime in Atlasia shall be frozen
5. All of the above articles will be effective immediately, and will stay in effect until the former Speaker of the Togo Parliament, Fanbare Ouattara Natchaba is sworn in as President of Togo and free and fair elections to the Togo Parliament and Presidency take place, in accordance to the Togolese Constitution
6. Atlasia urges all nations signatory to the United Nations Charter on Human Rights to take similar action
7. All senior Togolese officials are prohibited from visiting Atlasia
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 04:00:46 PM »

Is choosing contempory politicians really a good idea?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 04:13:46 PM »

The only one that contributed and left was JFK and Fritz, and to put them on all the currency, well that's stupid.

Siege

There's always Dunn Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 03:14:42 AM »

We can't afford tax cuts right now. Just pass an asture budget to knock at least some sanity into finances, and have fun next budget (either way).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 09:52:45 AM »

What about disabled people?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 12:36:56 PM »

That relationship is kind of like Scotland and Britian in a small way.

Er... no. Nothing like that at all. U.S and Puerto Rico is a better comparision
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 12:10:34 PM »

Forestry (Sustainable Development) Bill

For every tree cut down by a company, co-operative or individual working in the forestry industry, that company, co-operative or individual must plant two or more trees in the same forest or other woodland environment
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 03:43:04 AM »

Introduction
   1. Whereas, many supplies of crude oil, from which gasoline is refined, are in strategically unsafe areas of the world.
   2. Whereas, this leaves a gasoline prices vulnerable to volatile flucuations due to political instability in aforesaid areas.
   3. Whereas, high gasoline prices present a threat to the stability of the Atlasian economy, and consequently, its national security.
   4. Whereas, combustion of gasoline contributes to the theory popularly known as Global Warming.
   5. Be it resolved, that it is desirable to reduce the demand for gasoline within the Atlasian economy.
   6. One such method is to reduce the combustion of gasoline in motor vehicles by increasing fuel efficiency.

Clauses
   1. All passenger vehicles, as defined by the federal CAFE standards, produced for sale in Republic of Atlasia in fiscal year 2005 or 2006, or an area subject to its jurisdiction, shall be required to have an average fuel economy of at least 30 miles per gallon. Failure to comply shall incur a duty of $2000 upon sale for each vehicle.
   2. All light trucks, as defined by the federal CAFE standards, produced for sale in the Republic of Atlasia in fiscal year 2005 or 2006, or an area subject to its jurisdiction, shall be required to have an average fuel economy of at least 22 miles per gallon. Failure to comply shall incur a duty of $2000 upon sale for each vehicle.
   3. The required average fuel economy to avoid incurring a duty shall rise for both passenger vehicles and light trucks by two miles per gallon in each fiscal year, beginning in fiscal year 2007.
   4. The duty incurred for failure to meet the average fuel economy standard shall rise to $3000 in fiscal year 2008.
   5. The duty incurred for failure to meet the average fuel economy standard shall rise to $5000 in fiscal year 2010.
   6. The duty incurred for failure to meet the average fuel economy standard shall rise to $10000 in fiscal year 2012.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 07:52:22 AM »

Senator Al, what title do you wish to give to this bill?

Fuel Efficiency Bill should do I guess
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 09:15:24 AM »

Protection Bill (Textiles, Clothing, Footwear & Steel)

1. Companies, co-operatives or self-employed individuals in the textiles, clothing, footwear and iron & steel shall receive a 5% cut in all federal taxes that that company, co-operative or individual pays.

2. Companies in the retail sector that only stock textiles, textile products and clothing made in Atlasia shall receive the same tax cut of 5%
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 06:39:48 PM »

I may be putting this in the wrong place but who cares.

Sealand Declaration of War Bill (or Resolution or Whatever

Seeing as Sealand has consisitently violated international law by it's very existance, the Republic of Atlasia hereby declares War on the Principality of Sealand.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 04:19:45 AM »

Invoking my powers under Article 3, Section 1, Clause 4 of the Offical Senate Procedural Resolution... I hereby remove the following legislation from the floor on the grounds of them being frivolous and functionally impractical:

The Sealand of War Bill (or Resolution of whatever)

The Chainsaw Budget Savings Bill

The first of these was a warped joke on my part and I apologise for any inconvenience or irritation caused.
I believe my decision on the second of these is also justified:

I am just doing this to smack TexasGurl around Cheesy. Maybe a few scraps of it shall be turned into a working bill.

The Senators who introduced these bills have 72 hours to get 1/3rd of Senators to over-rule these decisions.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 05:47:39 PM »

And you are trying to pick a fight with me why?

No, i just like yanking the chains of liberals. Since you, TexasGurl, are one of the more liberal senators who has expressed, alongside Al, a distaste for budget cuts, then you two are the most likely to have your legs pulled. Tongue

I have not expressed a dislike for budget cuts. I do object (and very strongly) to cuts made to programmes that actually work and don't cost much (from a govt. point of view).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 06:05:12 PM »

I could be wrong, but from memory the budget is not done in this way (ie; through legislation).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 06:11:41 PM »

I think we're supposed to have a look at the provisional budget (passed earlier this year) and then revise it. I seem to remember the whole thing being worryingly complicated actually...

Could be wrong
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 03:48:49 PM »

At the request of several concerned citizens...

The Children's Rights Amendment

Section 1: The term "child" shall be defined as a minor under the age of 16.

Section 2: The term "education" shall be defined as the full-time systematic instruction of basic life skills and knowledge by a child, and mentored by an adult.

Section 3: No person, government or organization shall abridge the right of a child to receive an education.

Section 4: The Senate shall have power to limit, regulate, and prohibit the labor of children.

Section 5: The power of the several Regional Governments are unimpaired by this article except that the operation of regional laws shall be suspended to the extent necessary to give effect to legislation enacted by the Senate.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 11:31:54 AM »

The Amendment to Remove the Balanced Budget Requirement has been bumped to the top of the legislative agenda
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 06:51:02 AM »

A certain constituent of mine wants this introduced so:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 10:53:31 AM »

And a certain constituent of mine would like this introduced as well:

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 01:39:16 PM »

The following are bumped to the top of the legislative agenda:

Amendment to Allow a Secret Ballot

Electoral System Reform Bill

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 07:18:51 PM »

Well the one was introduced before 'tuther one anyway. If this becomes a problem, we can just re-bump the normal order in front of the one bill (yes, yes, yes... we've tied ourselves in knots here... but hopefully it'll work out for the best...)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 06:36:23 AM »

The Electoral System Reform Bill has been bumped back down the agenda until the amendment is passed
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 07:35:18 PM »

The Right to Life Amendment has been bumped up the agenda, pending agreement of the Veep.

Reason for this is to at least begin discussing the idea before Ebowed and PBrunsel leave the Senate.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 03:52:39 PM »

On the request of a concerned constituent:

Deregistration Bill

Whereas,
1. Federal Statutes and the Constitution are seemingly silent on the matter of "deregistration".
2. To date the ability to deregister has apparently been at the whim of the Executive, with Presidents apparently changing its status by Executive Order.

The Senate resolves that,
1. A right to deregister, specifically, the right to have oneself removed from the voter rolls, is hereby granted to all citizens of Atlasia.
2. Any citizen who has deregistered shall no longer be able to vote in any federal election or vote.
3. Should a citizen who has deregistered, re-register with Atlasia within sixty days of their deregistration, then they remain bound by the requirements of Article V, Section 2, Clause 7 as amended by the Seventh Amendment.
4. The Department of Forum Affairs may make regulations as necessary to specify how requests for deregistration should be made.
5. Previous deregistration requests that have been honored should remain so, and those that have not been honored should remain so.
6. All Executive Orders issued in contradiction of this Law in the past or future are void.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2005, 11:08:49 AM »

A certain constituent has requested that this is bumped to the top of the agenda:

A certain constituent of mine wants this introduced so:

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies