"Christian" overtakes "Protestant" label among younger Christians (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:40:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "Christian" overtakes "Protestant" label among younger Christians (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Christian" overtakes "Protestant" label among younger Christians  (Read 1491 times)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« on: January 10, 2022, 12:23:00 PM »

I remember there was a girl in my senior high school class, who went to my Protestant church growing up, who did not know what a "Protestant" was. She pronounced it "pro-teestant" when she was introduced to the word.

We need some level of religious education in public schools. The fact that educators even refuse to touch the topic is an embarrassment.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 12:56:06 PM »

I remember there was a girl in my senior high school class, who went to my Protestant church growing up, who did not know what a "Protestant" was. She pronounced it "pro-teestant" when she was introduced to the word.

We need some level of religious education in public schools. The fact that educators even refuse to touch the topic is an embarrassment.

I guess I don't really understand why this has relevancy in K-12 schools.

Because religion is a fundamental component of society and world history that is important to know about?

I mean, you can't really understand European history if you don't understand the difference between a Catholic and a Protestant
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies