What are Mitt Romney's actual political views? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:52:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What are Mitt Romney's actual political views? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are Mitt Romney's actual political views?  (Read 5562 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 28, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »

Centre-right economically, social conservative (I'm basing that on Matt Bai's profile of Mittens' bishopric). The overriding theme is technocracy.

I would say on economics issues, he's pretty much "Bush/Cheney" and their "Too Big to Fail" top-down Keynesianism (trillilons in wars, billions in corporate welfare set up as entitlement reform).  Think of further tax cuts, another small scale war or the risk of a bigger one, more grants to exploration and energy companies and a scaled back push to replace Social Security with a Retirement Account Mandate for workers who average $70,000 a since they were 26. ... he will probably do nothing about Obamacare if SCOTUS doesn't do anything and if the mandate is severed, he will probably try to pass some sort of HSA law and if the entire law is struck down, he will probably push something through that basically allows for the formation of one giant insurance monopoly that can form "high risk pools" based on whether your molecular risks.

On ethnic issues? I wouldn't be surprised if he is a bit like H W Bush (I think he will stop the feds from  buying condoms for villagers in Guatamala but I don't think he will push for the banning of stem cell research grants) Beyond that, he won't mess with gays in the military and will probably  appoint Souters when he can and Thomas's when he needs to give the dogs the "red meat". H W Bush, right?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »

Mitt Romney strikes me as someone not particularly interested in politics but very interested in being President.
This.
He's just a rich douche who probably got laid a lot in college and just thinks he's entitled to everything. One could say the same about Obama, though... a lot of Business and Accounting guys hang out with the Political Science and International Studies guys. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies