Have you ever been the victim of a crime? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:40:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever been the victim of a crime? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes (violent and property crime)

Yes (violent crime)

Yes (property crime)

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Have you ever been the victim of a crime?  (Read 3516 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 21, 2017, 02:37:54 AM »
« edited: March 21, 2017, 02:39:50 AM by NOVA Green »

Yes--- got assaulted and punched in the face when I was 17 by a group of six teenagers walking down the street in the small town where I grew up in Oregon.

Got my nose busted after an anti-KKK rally in Indianapolis when I was 20, where the nose Doctor promised he would make me the "most perfect nose ever"....

Also, a few years later on in life, I had someone throw a fire extinguisher through the back window of my car, when it was parked on a public street, and I had to pay $150 out of pocket, which took me 2-3 paychecks before I could cover the damage, since my car insurance deductibles didn't cover that level of "minor damage".
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »

Damn--- that's pretty bad.... Did you have the "second wallet" deal situated so you could give the mugger something, without losing all your s**t and having to deal at the same time with the cost and hours with replacing all your stuff? Happened to a friend of my in DC back in the late '90s (Adams Morgan area at knifepoint on his front porch) but he had the fake wallet with the $20 in it, so he didn't lose all his stuff, nor have to deal with a pissed off mugger that beats the crap out of you, just because they went to all the effort to rob you and walk away with jack.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies