DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:45:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271125 times)
compucomp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: January 06, 2021, 04:58:49 PM »

Its amusing how in a Virginia Democrat discord server I am in that they went from calling northam a murderer for not instituting a locldown during his press conference today to being called a historic war hero for sending the va state troopers and national guard into DC.

Lmao. Army of nova I guess?

LMAO, ironic to think that the new Army of Northern Virginia would be fighting to save the United States against an insurrection.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #751 on: January 06, 2021, 04:58:53 PM »

Also I recant my prior statements of believing we shouldn’t charge Trump so we can move on as a nation .

After this Trump should be charged of crimes
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #752 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:11 PM »

Rep. Nancy Mace on SkyNews said that her support for Trump has been “wiped out”.

what a self-hating rino

tfw it takes violent threats to your life to make you realize that Trump isn’t that great of a guy.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #753 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:15 PM »

CBS reporting that the House may be reconvening in another large room
Very specific. I guess considering the circumstances they may not want to say much.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #754 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:26 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by.  

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility.  

The true enemy of the people.  100%

Yes, we should not be shooting people if we can avoid it at all costs. The police is right to deescalate things here.

I will not deescalate my rhetoric. I believe they are terrorists who are trying to commit an insurrection, so I will use the words that I believe appropriately describe the situation. I will not be censored.

Exactly.

It is sedition and these people should be dealt with accordingly.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #755 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:36 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility. 

The true enemy of the people.  100%

Been reporting your posts, its a shame to see posters here literally defending this insanity, especially on a forum dedicated to tracking elections... You know what the thugs here are trying to overturn....

My father, who as I've noted before is a Trump supporter, was trying to justify this as a "peaceful" protest and raising all the points about how the "government" isn't investigating Hunter Biden or the Democrats. He too thinks that the election is stolen. And some people at my job, as I was leaving, said the election was "rigged" and disagreed with me when I called this the "storming" of the Capitol.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #756 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:41 PM »

Good.  They won't win any friends across the aisle, because they can never change the facts that A) they were Trump supporters and B) are still Republicans, but former Trump-supporting GOP officials CAN help the nation get back on track by fully denouncing not only these riots (DUH) but also Trump's instigation.  Publicly and loudly.  The more the better.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #757 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:53 PM »

MAGA is over.

The normies will go to Hawley, the old true believers will die soon and the 10-15% remaining absolute nutsos can form their little People's Republic of Northern Idaho.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #758 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:05 PM »

Reconvene as soon as possible and certify. A statement for democracy needs to be made.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #759 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:42 PM »

Anyone calling themselves a Republican after this will forever be associated with it.

Leaving your party is the only way to make it change, because right now it’s a party of terrorists and traitors.  If you don’t support that, leave it!

Oh stop it. Trump voters didnt turn out last night in GA which is why the Republicans lost. Most Reps dont endorse this at all and a lot have hated Trump from the start. Don't conflate the two, its lazy and incites more hatred.

That's complete b******* and someone as smart as you should know it. The Republican party is fully trumpist, not just in so far as their worship of the mango Mussolini that predominates from the Grassroots to the halls of Congress, but for the sheer embracing authoritarianism and literally any means necessary to smash the dirty liberals, and in the process rejecting democracy and the rule of law.

Outside the very tiny tiny share of die-hard anti Trump Republicans like David Frum and George Will, the GOP owns this. Top to f****** bottom.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #760 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Why don’t you and Del Taco go form some awful breakaway country and see how long your Mississippi/Alabama alliance lasts...oh wait you lost already before.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #761 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:57 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 05:13:47 PM by TexasGurl »

It's beyond time for the Republican Party to grow the fck up. We all deserve so much better.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #762 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:21 PM »

MAGA is over.

The normies will go to Hawley, the old true believers will die soon and the 10-15% remaining absolute nutsos can form their little People's Republic of Northern Idaho.

I hope you're right. Perhaps we needed this to come back to sanity. MAGA is a cancer.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #763 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:25 PM »

To those who live in reliably blue cities within red states, your state government and your police won’t protect you. Do not look to them for any help, nor expect any to be forthcoming. Instead, look to your neighbors and friends to support you. Try and form a self-defense organization. You have few options other than mutual self-defense.

Sorry but I'm not putting myself at risk for the lost cause this country has become. Nothing short of international administration is acceptable.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #764 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:28 PM »

The optics, the hypocrisy, the betrayal of Pence- the neocons and the suburbs are going to be staying with the Democrats for a long time.
TopShelfGoal

« Reply #765 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:37 PM »

It's like you are deliberately trying to get on an FBI or Homeland Security watchlist with your last few posts in this thread.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #766 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:39 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.

Hopefully this is the pathetic end of something, and not the beginning.

I'm really worried for the Inauguration. They need to check security guidelines.

The inauguration needs to be 100% closed to the public.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #767 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »

Reconvene as soon as possible and certify. A statement for democracy needs to be made.

I wonder if the other Senators still plan to object to certification after...this.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #768 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:24 PM »

If there was a war and fighting DC Congress would just convene somewhere else. Get all of them in a room somewhere and do the certification vote and the Republicans had better just STFU and drop their little stunt after seeing what it caused.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #769 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:32 PM »

Well this has been a rollercoaster of day hasn't it? Didn't dems win the Senate this morning?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #770 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:36 PM »

It's like you are deliberately trying to get on an FBI or Homeland Security watchlist with your last few posts in this thread.

He's the most noxious fascist on this forum. Sanchez is just a sh!tposter.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #771 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:37 PM »

I’d unignored several people after the election hoping we could all move forward but man this thread has re-filled my ignore list fast with the usual suspects.

It’s just getting increasingly hard to see how us small-d democrats can continue to share a country with people who want literal fascism by any means necessary.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #772 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:40 PM »

Anybody else think Cruz and Hawley overextended themselves in a Macarthyesque way? They can't come back from this.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #773 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:54 PM »

MSNBC is speculating - and I repeat speculating - that part of the reason there isn't a big move to totally clear the Capitol and grounds is so they can more systematically make sure they know who all is there for future prosecution once they have the resources gathered to do so.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #774 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:59 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.

Hopefully this is the pathetic end of something, and not the beginning.

I'm really worried for the Inauguration. They need to check security guidelines.

The inauguration needs to be 100% closed to the public.

With this pandemic, they shouldn't be having a public one in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies