Crow I eat it. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:30:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Crow I eat it. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crow I eat it.  (Read 7410 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: November 08, 2012, 06:35:47 AM »

Good! Kudos to you.

But where are all the republican pundits at? Where's Dick Morris, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, anyone at FOXNEWS, the Unskewed polls guy, etc. etc. Where are all the people who made fun of Nate Silver? Where are all the people who claimed that the pollsters were trying to influence the race?

I would really like to see some of those people own up to it and apologize to the likes of Nate Silver, the pollsters, the "liberal media", etc. Not to be gloating, but to restore some level of sanity to the political discourse. For now, there's nothing to suggest that these people won't attempt the very same crazy conspiracy theories and distortions come the next election.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »

Good! Kudos to you.

But where are all the republican pundits at? Where's Dick Morris, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, anyone at FOXNEWS, the Unskewed polls guy, etc. etc. Where are all the people who made fun of Nate Silver? Where are all the people who claimed that the pollsters were trying to influence the race?

I would really like to see some of those people own up to it and apologize to the likes of Nate Silver, the pollsters, the "liberal media", etc. Not to be gloating, but to restore some level of sanity to the political discourse. For now, there's nothing to suggest that these people won't attempt the very same crazy conspiracy theories and distortions come the next election.

Morris has conceded he was wrong - saying he misread the electorate projections.
Well, that's good. Is there's a clip or blog somewhere? Did he address his "the undecideds ALWAYS break for the challenger" nonsense as well?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:00:33 AM »

Next time, and it will happen again, probably with different members, can we not egg them on? And to those on both sides who are guilty of extreme hackery (and I'm not feigning innocence), can we not repeat that? Can we look at polls for what they are - just numbers? Can we not analyze news stories through a purely partisan lens, or gloat excessively when our side is winning, or the other side messes up? Just a thought.
Amen!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies