CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:54:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 68745 times)
SenatorCouzens
United States

« on: November 10, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »

AP called House Control for Democrats! They have at least 218 Seats now!
Should've been called Tuesday night, we had no right doing as well as we did.

If it's any consolation, Fox News called the House for Democrats election night and said they would gain "at least 5 seats."
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »

He's being sarcastic right. Like...I'm just not catching the sarcasm.

Yes. The tweet prior says McGrath spent 88 million dollars to lose to McConnell by 19.6% points.
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 05:26:54 PM »

Honestly the house was probably going to flip regardless. Just hope Perdue and Loeffler lose so we can get redistricting reform

The Senate would have to first abolish the filibuster and then pass your legislation on the narrowest of margins in both the Senate and House.

And the Supreme Court could very easily deem the legislation unconstitutional.
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 10:16:33 PM »

Honestly the house was probably going to flip regardless. Just hope Perdue and Loeffler lose so we can get redistricting reform

The Senate would have to first abolish the filibuster and then pass your legislation on the narrowest of margins in both the Senate and House.

And the Supreme Court could very easily deem the legislation unconstitutional.
I mean the Supreme Court may or may not strike it down, but that's better odds than not winning the senate and having no chance of it even passing through congress.. I'm just trying to stay positive

Fair enough. Everyone -- left, right, and center -- should try to stay positive about the future of the republic. ;-)
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 03:00:09 PM »

I don't disagree with you. But I rather have a Clinton tier ground organization than Biden's (lack of), especially with Hispanic voters.

Okay. But this is the 2nd presidential election in a row against a severely flawed Republican nominee where Democratic local organization has failed them. I don't buy that's due entirely to Covid. In the past 6 federal elections going back to 2010, there's a grand total of 1 where it went well for the Democrats outside of the presidency: 2018. There's something systemic there.

Democrats did well in the Senate in 2012, they picked up Indiana and held North Dakota and Missouri. The only reason they still have a shot of 50 seats in the Senate in the Georgia runoffs is because of how well they did with that Senate class.

What?  Democrats lost those three seats (ND, MO and IN) in 2018.  If they had been able to win those races that in 2018, they'd already be sitting at a senate majority before resolution of the GA runoffs.

I assume the reference to 2012 keeping Dem hopes in the Senate alive today is the fact that they won WV, MT, and OH that year, and those strong Dem incumbents managed to hold on in 2018. Had Republicans instead won those races in 2012, the GOP incumbents presumably would've been able to hang on in 2018, given the partisan tilt of the states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies