Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:45:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas  (Read 6585 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: September 20, 2021, 12:03:54 PM »

The bizarre mindset on this forum though is that it only should for the conservative Protestant sects. That it's totally finally for people from conservative Protestantism to convert to liberal Protestantism, but it's never OK for Catholics to convert to any type of Protestant because "that's not how things are supposed to work" or whatever but it is OK for them to become atheist, so basically the mindset is people raised Protestant can be whatever they want but people raised Catholic have only a binary choice of Catholic or nothing. It's a truly perplexing mindset that I can not understand in the slightest.

This supposed mindset only exists in your mind lmao. I have never seen anything like that on the forum, let alone enough times to consider it a collective "mindset". Why you would come up with such strange ideas, of course, is a truly perplexing thing that I can not understand in the slightest.
Well for example Gully Foyle a truly HORRENDOUS poster whose garbage I've been been bemoaning for over a decade once said something along the lines of "If you're practicing a different religion than your parents or maybe your spouse, there's a problem."

If it wasn't super late I could dig up other threads but a lot of Europeans seemed to have a difficult time grasping that in the US religious identity is basically self-selected (in the US even people who are the same religion as their parents made a conscious decision to stay that) and thus tried to just deny that.

I will raise my hand here and plead guilty as charged Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies