David Hogg
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:42:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  David Hogg
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: David Hogg  (Read 14054 times)
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2018, 01:03:02 PM »

What's even going on in this thread?
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2018, 01:06:39 PM »

Thanks for demonstrating my point in the other thread that conservatives are self loathing sadists. Much appreciated.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »

Thanks for demonstrating my point in the other thread that conservatives are self loathing sadists. Much appreciated.

If you want I’ll post a pic of myself just to prove you’re wrong
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2018, 01:22:07 PM »

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2018, 01:54:05 PM »

Looks and sounds like an American Rudi Dutschke:

Hopefully he's spared Dutschke's end though ...
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that Singletxguyforfun has to be a liberal in disguise acting as a caricature of conservatives because his posts are increasingly sounding like parody of the right.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that Singletxguyforfun has to be a liberal in disguise acting as a caricature of conservatives because his posts are increasingly sounding like parody of the right.

I’m absolutely not a liberal
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2018, 02:51:22 PM »

Singletxguy is just out to disrupt every one of the March For Our Lives threads in the forum.
He has been spam posting in all of them.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2018, 02:56:50 PM »

Singletxguy is just out to disrupt every one of the March For Our Lives threads in the forum.

I’m just providing the opposition that Davy Noodlearms Emmy Buzzcut and their handlers are so driven to shut down
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »

Yeah let's make fun of the appearance of a kid who saw his classmates gunned down.

You are a garbage person.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2018, 03:01:23 PM »

November will be the time of reckoning. I pray to God that it is more painful to conservatives than 2016 was to Democrats.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2018, 03:03:15 PM »

I’m just providing the opposition that Davy Noodlearms Emmy Buzzcut and their handlers are so driven to shut down

This is barely opposition. It's just childish name-calling:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=288068;onlyu=15156

That's your entire post history in this thread. Almost all of it is just remarks about their physical characteristics and "alpha" status. This is YouTube comments section-level posting.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2018, 03:03:19 PM »

November will be the time of reckoning. I pray to God that it is more painful to conservatives than 2016 was to Democrats.
Democrats actually gained seats in Congress and had a wash in gubernatorial races.  It was a pretty decent year for them, given they lost the Presidency.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »

Yeah let's make fun of the appearance of a kid who saw his classmates gunned down.

You are a garbage person.

And he’s not for accepting product placement from a good company following a tragedy. Trust me amigos, Mr. Noodlearms ain’t a saint
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2018, 03:06:34 PM »

These kids didn't ask to be famous. I'm sure they'd prefer to have a normal senior year and to have their deceased classmates back. You can disagree with them without attacking them for their appearance or speaking skills.

Whether you agree with them or not, a group of teens have sparked a huge increase in civic engagement and activism in just 2 short months. That's something to applaud.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2018, 03:08:40 PM »

These kids didn't ask to be famous. I'm sure they'd prefer to have a normal senior year and to have their deceased classmates back. You can disagree with them without attacking them for their appearance or speaking skills.

Whether you agree with them or not, a group of teens have sparked a huge increase in civic engagement and activism in just 2 short months. That's something to applaud.

They’re just the Vietnam hippies if this decade. They’ll fade out once they become as toxic as obama was for gun owners. They’re excellent salesmen for the gun industry and NRA memberships though I’ll give them that
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2018, 03:13:48 PM »

The problem is that they seem to be racking up in the fame.  If David Hogg's name was Jamal Washington, and he was from inner-city Baltimore or Chicago instead of suburban Miami, he wouldn't be flown out to Bill Maher and Ellen DeGeneres.  He wouldn't be on the cover of magazines and newspapers.  He wouldn't be given free stuff.

He would be at the bottom of news websites, and he may get a 30-second mention on cable news before they cut off to go to the latest development in the Stormy Daniels scandal.

And you know I'm telling the truth.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2018, 03:17:12 PM »

The problem is that they seem to be racking up in the fame.  If David Hogg's name was Jamal Washington, and he was from inner-city Baltimore or Chicago instead of suburban Miami, he wouldn't be flown out to Bill Maher and Ellen DeGeneres.  He wouldn't be on the cover of magazines and newspapers.  He wouldn't be given free stuff.

He would be at the bottom of news websites, and he may get a 30-second mention on cable news before they cut off to go to the latest development in the Stormy Daniels scandal.

When the right starts playing the race card, they are out of legitimate arguments.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2018, 03:18:09 PM »

Please be civil and avoid childish name calling in this thread. There has been enough of it as it is.

tallguy23
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2018, 03:18:24 PM »

I don't disagree that Parkland got more attention because it was an affluent, white area. However, MFOL did have a diversity of speakers and discussed gun violence in general (not just school shootings).

I'm just saying don't dismiss them. This is a real movement with the potential to create real change. Liberals dismissed the Tea Party and look what happened in 2010.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2018, 03:18:46 PM »

Not much different from the GOP using Joe ''the plumber''

I think its funny to watch the GOP whine and cry about all the things they themselves have done in the past too
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2018, 03:22:18 PM »

Not much different from the GOP using Joe ''the plumber''

I think its funny to watch the GOP whine and cry about all the things they themselves have done in the past too

Exactly. It's like 2008-2010 all over again but reversed.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2018, 03:28:04 PM »

The problem is that they seem to be racking up in the fame.  If David Hogg's name was Jamal Washington, and he was from inner-city Baltimore or Chicago instead of suburban Miami, he wouldn't be flown out to Bill Maher and Ellen DeGeneres.  He wouldn't be on the cover of magazines and newspapers.  He wouldn't be given free stuff.

When the right starts playing the race card, they are out of legitimate arguments.

I don't see how libertpaulian is playing the race card here, though I don't know if you were referring to them when you said "the right."

He indeed is talking about real inequities in media coverage. Just look at how little attention the Austin bomber news was given compared to, say, Stormy Daniels, or the fact that Stephon Clark didn't even get an Atlas thread even though he was shot 22 times by police. In fact, Hogg and the Parkland activists themselves acknowledge such disparities:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2018, 03:30:06 PM »

David Hogg is a passionate, intelligent, calm, and well-spoken young man. The GOP attacks him because they seriously lack his kind.
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2018, 03:33:37 PM »

David Hogg is a passionate, intelligent, calm, and well-spoken young man. The GOP attacks him because they seriously lack his kind.

They view compassion as a weakness and distrust intelligence.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies