Romney shamed out of using Navy SEAL he couldn't remember as political prop (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:10:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney shamed out of using Navy SEAL he couldn't remember as political prop (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney shamed out of using Navy SEAL he couldn't remember as political prop  (Read 1143 times)
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« on: October 11, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »

I highly doubt the accuracy of what you bolded.

As if Mitt is any more believable. Mitt has a documented record of lying. Even after being called out for specific lies, he repeats them with glee. Do you dispute his record? If not, you are foolish to dismiss the account of someone who knew the deceased well.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »

I highly doubt the accuracy of what you bolded.

As if Mitt is any more believable. Mitt has a documented record of lying. Even after being called out for specific lies, he repeats them with glee. Do you dispute his record? If not, you are foolish to dismiss the account of someone who knew the deceased well.

lie
fallacy

No clue what you mean. Saying Romney has a record of lying is not a logical fallacy. Romney engages in the fallacy known as "double speak" or "equivocation" with regularity.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »

I think a lot of Muslims don't like white Americans because they view them as white colonialists.  Its better to have a president with a Muslim-name because it helps promote greater world peace and understanding. 

Stop trolling. You don't believe this and are just trying to get a rise out of people. Definition of a troll. The President doesn't have a Muslim name, regardless of what you mean by that.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »

I think a lot of Muslims don't like white Americans because they view them as white colonialists.  Its better to have a president with a Muslim-name because it helps promote greater world peace and understanding. 

Stop trolling. You don't believe this and are just trying to get a rise out of people. Definition of a troll. The President doesn't have a Muslim name, regardless of what you mean by that.

I apologize.  I thought "Hussain" was a Muslim middle name.

First of all, spell it correctly. The President's middle name is "Hussein", not Hussain. Hussein is an Arabic name. Plenty of people with Arab names are of a religion other than Islam. Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) is of Arab descent, and he is a Christian. Issa is an Arabic surname. President Obama is of African and Caucasian descent, and he is also a Christian.

"Barack" is a name that is of African origin. It means "lightning" in Hebrew. "Obama" is a surname of African (Luo) origin.

I wonder if I'm wasting my time responding to your posts. You're trolling but you still have an obligation to not appear so obviously ignorant and uneducated. Try to conceal it a bit.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »

I apologize.  I thought "Hussain" was a Muslim middle name.

First of all, spell it correctly. The President's middle name is "Hussein", not Hussain. Hussein is an Arabic name. Plenty of people with Arab names are of a religion other than Islam. Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) is of Arab descent, and he is a Christian. Issa is an Arabic surname. President Obama is of African and Caucasian descent, and he is also a Christian.

"Barack" is a name that is of African origin. It means "lightning" in Hebrew. "Obama" is a surname of African (Luo) origin.

I wonder if I'm wasting my time responding to your posts. You're trolling but you still have an obligation to not appear so obviously ignorant and uneducated. Try to conceal it a bit.

Yeah, I thought Hussein was specifically a Muslim name because Obama's grandparents on his father's side were practicing Muslims.  For instance, in the Jewish religion, if your mother is Jewish, then in the eyes of Jewish people, that person is considered Jewish despite whether or not hey are practicing.  At the very least, Obama can proudly claim to come from a Muslim family on his father's side.

People with Jewish mothers are no longer considered Jewish if they practice another religion. Your last sentence is pure trolling. Obama is a Christian. No mainstream Muslim authority considers Obama to be a Muslim.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies