Hillary Clinton: You cannot be civil with Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:45:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Clinton: You cannot be civil with Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: You cannot be civil with Republicans  (Read 6192 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: October 10, 2018, 06:16:21 PM »

She's absolutely right.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:01:05 AM »

I think in the K affair, the Dems hurt themselves by dialing up the heat dial too far. The Pubs have done the same to themselves, time and again. Yes, I know, the base demands it. Sometimes the base, maybe more than sometimes, gets in the way of ultimate success.

I'm really not sure what else the Democrats could do. Another Clarence Thomas hearings situation reluctance wouldn't just pass nowadays.

Also, the Thomas' case contributed to what became known as "Year of the Woman" in 1993, which was greatly beneficial politically for the Democrats.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 01:04:33 AM »

Also, it would be useful to distinguish between various shaded of "civil". The civility preached and practiced by Obama, who naively believed he can reason with the Republicans, work to find a common ground, yielded very little results. Instead of adopting more combative approach, he just kept repeating that mistake.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies