Which Party would these people be for today (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:20:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Which Party would these people be for today (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which Party would these people be for today  (Read 6055 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 20, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »

Barry Goldwater = not sure there's anyone quite like him. Though it depends what Goldwater. The Goldwater of the 50s and early 60s is more akin to Cruz or Lee. The Goldwater of the 70s and 80s is more of the Orrin Hatch (a young turk who mellows with age)

Henry Scoop Jackson = he reminds me of former congressman Norm Dicks. Big time appropriator, big time hawk, moderate on societal issues

Eisenhower - very much a Red tory republican (i.e. Rodney Frelinghuysen)

Joe Mccarthy - Louie Gohmert (as both are not taken very seriously)

Robert Taft - Steve King is the closest example as he is a throwback to the old "america first" right wing of the mid 20th century (besides Taft other examples are William Jenner, Kenneth Wherry)

Henry Wallace - considering he changed his mind after 1948, I could see him being like Kucinich (i.e. somewhat of a flake)

George Wallace - someone like Rodney Alexander. Big into pork-barrel stuff but is a republican either out of convenience or a dislike of what they see is an elitist mentality of the democratic party.

JFK - probably would have ended up like Ted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies