Any other Republicans who are about ready to throw in the towel? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:52:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Any other Republicans who are about ready to throw in the towel? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any other Republicans who are about ready to throw in the towel?  (Read 2500 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 01, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »

Are there any Republicans other than me who are almost ready to give up on this campaign?  The polls are not looking good, and considering that the debates don't usually change much of anything, I don't see how Romney does it.  What say the rest of you?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 04:26:20 PM »

I could give two hoots about social issues right now, the debate needs to be focused on leadership and fiscal policies.

The thing is, if you watched both conventions, one party seemed to be primarily focused on fiscal issues and the other included more social issue rhetoric. And the candidate whose party chose to focus on fiscal issues is losing. Maybe it's a coincidence, but perhaps there is something else there: the main criticism of Mitt Romney is that he isn't seen as empathetic, rather as cold an indifferent. Perhaps more discussion of social issues would have soften his image some?
Social issues are death for Republicans where it matters most: moderates.  That's why they've voted overwhelmingly Democratic since the Clinton realignment in 1992.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies