Which state is the heart and soul of the Democratic/Republican Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:25:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which state is the heart and soul of the Democratic/Republican Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which state is the heart and soul of the Democratic/Republican Party?  (Read 11625 times)
rbt48

« on: January 11, 2017, 11:03:01 PM »

Hard to disagree with California for the Democrats, though Hawaii could be a strong contender.

For the Republicans, I have to consider several factors (well, same for Dems as well)
- Dominance in statewide elected offices and the state legislature
- Dominance in population centers across the state and in rural areas
- Control of Senate and House seats

Wyoming, Oklahoma, Utah, and Arkansas are at the top of my list.  They have no Democratic areas in the state (Tennessee has Nashville and Memphis, Missouri has St Louis and KC, West Virginia has a Democratic governor).

Of my top four, I will go with Utah as it is (I think) least likely to elect a Democrat statewide or to Congress.  Arkansas is strongly tending in this direction, but has fairly recently elected Democrats.  Wyoming, Tennessee, and Oklahoma have in the past dozen years elected Democratic governors and could do so again (though perhaps not likely).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies