Romney's New Ad (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:09:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Romney's New Ad (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney's New Ad  (Read 8287 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: July 16, 2007, 10:08:19 PM »

Well, I think that the people have right to attack Romney because of his religion. If you're crazy enough to believe something that has been proven to be a charade, what makes you think your political beliefs aren't also whacky?

Then again, I am an atheist.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:16:49 PM »

does anyone here want to live in a wold that is entirely child safe? I am an adult and I enjoy adult things. I do not wanted a rated G world.

I don't... I like my Rescue Me. At the same time, I want my kids (when I have them) to live in a friendly environment. Its called buying a fricken box that blocks out the bad stuff (whats it called again). Its called being involved in your kids lives. Its called making sure they know the difference between fake and real violence. The consequences of unprotected sex (the consequences of protected sex). Getting south park off the air won't do anything.

I will not allow Romney to take South Park off the air.

XSouth Park Conservative

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 11:32:19 PM »

Well, I think that the people have right to attack Romney because of his religion. If you're crazy enough to believe something that has been proven to be a charade, what makes you think your political beliefs aren't also whacky?

Then again, I am an atheist.

This is about the mentality of what I would expect from someone who calls himself "South Park Conservative," who approves of "attack Romney because of his religion."

This is low, this is disgusting, this is bigoted, to attack anyone because of their religion.

I find it incredible that such narrow minded attitudes still cast their dark and decaying shadow over 21st century society.   

Don't get me wrong. I would vote for Romney in a hearbeat if he agreed with me on the issues. I'm just thinking the way the average american would. I, too, would rather see ROmney lose because he is a Christian Right flip-flopper than because of the crazy stuff he believes in. In other words, to a lot of Americans, it would be like electing a Scientologist to the White House.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »

I am getting so sick of the rabidly pro-Romney assholes on here who call anyone who attacks Romney a bigot.

Romney himself was attacked for being a Mormon by a Christian evangelical at a campaign speech, and responded by saying that while America was a nation of different faiths, it was important to have someone of faith be President-- which drew cheers and applause from his audience.

Romney himself is a bigot and is exploiting religious intolerance to shift away anti-Mormon sentiment to an even more disliked portion of society.  Anyone who has the audacity to call someone bigoted for opposing Romney's clear support of theocracy but won't acknowledge that Romney himself is a bigot is a complete joke.

It's amazing how I tend to agree with you on almost all matters of religion.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 10:51:01 AM »

It is never "fair game" to attack anyone's church.  Rather, it is repugnant, no matter how you try to disguise it.

So why are churches above criticism?

They're above criticism because of the First Amendment. Because the First Amendment gives the right to freedom of religion, that means that it is illegal to criticize one's religion. [/sarcasm]
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 05:32:04 PM »

Personally I hate all religions equally.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:05 PM »

I will not be drawn into this type of an internet dialogue with individuals who are obviously predisposed to an already unenlightened stance and prejudicial attitude.

That's what we like to call dodging the bullet.

Tell me, though.  Are you willing to admit that Mitt Romney is a bigot against the non-religious?

Actually, it is called not wasting my time with an exercise in futility.

I do not wish to expend the effort of launching a cruise missile to flatten an ant hill.

Mitt Romney is not a bigot against the non-religious.  He simply has a firm conviction that strong moral values make for a strong nation.  Strong moral values will prevent the nation from decaying from within.

So basically he doesn't like non-religious people but that doesn't make him a bigot towards them?

It is entirely untrue to state that Mitt Romney does not like non religious people.  As a good Christian, Romney has love for all mankind. 

I am aware that Romney has stated that a person of faith should be President.  This by no means should be construed to indicate that Romney believes that only a Christian should be President.  A  person of faith is one who has values and principles that are for the betterment of society, and a person of faith is one who believes in a Supreme Being.  Clearly, a person of faith can be Christian, non Christian, Jewish, Muslim, what have you.

Well me and most of the people I know don't believe in a "Supreme Being". I guess we can't run for President.

Unless you're opponent is gay, and even then, you would be a longshot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies