John McCain apology thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:30:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain apology thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: John McCain apology thread  (Read 3039 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2017, 09:45:45 PM »

Mazie Hirono has Stage IV kidney cancer and also voted no, and her no was never in doubt. Where's her standing ovation?

She wasn't the deciding vote.
Every vote was the deciding vote.

That ad was stupid when the republicans ran it, and remains stupid today. The real deciding vote here is the no vote that was most in doubt, which is obviously McCain's.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2017, 09:54:56 PM »

I applaud what McCain did in this situation. Good on him.

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2017, 10:27:04 PM »

Mazie Hirono has Stage IV kidney cancer and also voted no, and her no was never in doubt. Where's her standing ovation?

That ad was stupid when the republicans ran it, and remains stupid today. The real deciding vote here is the no vote that was most in doubt, which is obviously McCain's.

If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2017, 10:36:24 PM »

McCain was not one of the 9 Republicans who voted against repeal and replace. Funny how he and his buddy Graham voted opposite ways on all 3 bills.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/25/us/politics/senate-votes-repeal-obamacare.html
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2017, 10:37:02 PM »

rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2017, 05:22:20 AM »

The far-left and far-right love to alternate from hating and loving McCain when it suits them (i.e. when he does stuff they like).

Bunch of hypocrites. I can be pretty critical of McCain, but I know that he is capable of doing both good and bad things. I do not alternate from wishing brain cancer on him to utterly kissing his ass like a decent chunk of our friends here.

It's utterly despicable, and it shows the true hyperpartisanship of America.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 02:08:12 PM »

The far-left and far-right love to alternate from hating and loving McCain when it suits them (i.e. when he does stuff they like).

Bunch of hypocrites. I can be pretty critical of McCain, but I know that he is capable of doing both good and bad things. I do not alternate from wishing brain cancer on him to utterly kissing his ass like a decent chunk of our friends here.

It's utterly despicable, and it shows the true hyperpartisanship of America.

Show me where the far left has ever waffled in their hatred of John McCain.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2017, 10:30:46 PM »

Shouldn't the fact that McCain's vote was in doubt make him less worthy of praise, not more?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2017, 10:49:20 PM »

Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2017, 04:24:10 AM »

For once in my life, I wasn't disappointed to have him as my state's federal spokesman. Talk about a way to make Jeff Flake look even more pathetic.

It's going to take a lot for me to forgive McCain's warmongering and incessant flip-flopping, but...I'll give him this one.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2017, 09:14:02 AM »

And yes, yet again, force drug companies to charge the same for drugs to US consumers, as they do when their sell to rich foreign governments, with a single payer system (and thus have monopsony buying power). I am continually amazed why that fix is not discussed in the public square, other than by me. Very, very sad! Boo! Sad

A lot of people talk about this.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2017, 02:19:33 PM »

Shouldn't the fact that McCain's vote was in doubt make him less worthy of praise, not more?

As the vote that killed it, he felt the most pressure to vote Yes, and in voting no, compromised his ideology more than any other senator who voted no did. All of that is worthy of expansive praise, and shows he remains a moderate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2017, 01:23:41 PM »

Anywho, he better enjoy the attention and praise he gets. He has a plane crash in hell coming up soon. Hows that for edgy?

Maybe after your brother and literally tens of millions like him survive decades longer because his health insurance is continued St Peter just possibly might cut him a mulligan for not blindly backing Donald Trump.

Which after all, is nowadays the primary conservative litmus test for religious piety.
Considering his record on everything else, including support for the bombing deaths of children across the globe, I'd wager he's gonna need a hole-in-one on every green. Kim Jong Il style.

Lastly, you know I opposed this bill right? I'm pissed at how McCain operates, not how he voted.

I didn't. Or rather now that you mention it I had forgotten. Fair enough. My bad

On that note, in response to the OP I will include my thank you to this thread, but not an apology. McCain regularly poses as a Maverick or a moderate but almost never follows through when the chips are down or when it's politically expedient to throw such things by the wayside. Yes all politicians do that, but he is supposed to be the Maverick, not to mention he poses as one more than any other politician.

That said, good on him to shoot this POS bill down

OMG! That last sentence was a very poor choice of words to thank former Navy pilot n p o w John McCain. 😬

You know, having realized that he actually f***** this thing over by killing reconciliation with his no vote, I have to at least apologize to him on this whole issue.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »

I am bumping this to revoke my apology. Where was John McCain's vote to stop the GOP TAX SCAM ?!?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2017, 09:54:48 PM »

I am bumping this to revoke my apology. Where was John McCain's vote to stop the GOP TAX SCAM ?!?

Wait till the bill comes out of conference
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies