Yougov and morning consult: making child tax credit permanent is surprisingly not too popular (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:24:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Yougov and morning consult: making child tax credit permanent is surprisingly not too popular (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yougov and morning consult: making child tax credit permanent is surprisingly not too popular  (Read 975 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« on: July 28, 2021, 10:34:49 PM »

A lot of people count on having this big bonus payment to spend/blow on ____ come April or May. I don't really get it personally, but they do. My wife was telling me how kids at her middle school talk about knowing tax time is coming, because their parents have money to spend and they can go get new shoes. There's businesses that advertise "use your tax bonus here and get this extra or in return".

Throw on top of it that it was automatic unless you had BOTH parents in a joint-file household opt out to not get it (I don't understand that at all, it just makes it more difficult for people to opt out), a lot of people don't pay attention to and ignore items such as this, come spring they're going to be shocked about it and instead of a big refund they could potentially owe back, and a lot of people are going to be angry come spring 2022. I get the idea behind it and what they were trying to do, I just think they're out-of-touch with the saving and spending habits of lower-class Americans regardless of their political leanings. Some people would rather get $300 once than $50 6 times.

Many people would rather get $200 once than $50 6 times, honestly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies