HOUSE BILL: Korean Crisis Investigation Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:26:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Korean Crisis Investigation Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Korean Crisis Investigation Act (Debating)  (Read 981 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: January 24, 2018, 03:42:54 AM »

As a concerned citizen this looks good though I personally think a special counsel with no partisan bias involved anywhere and the ability to file criminal charges would be the best option. And probably best not to involve the AG too much in the process.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 12:38:45 PM »

As a concerned citizen this looks good though I personally think a special counsel with no partisan bias involved anywhere and the ability to file criminal charges would be the best option. And probably best not to involve the AG too much in the process.

I'm more than open to being persuaded on removing myself from the process through amendments, sure.

I think as good way to do it would be to insert in the legislation that you can review it for security concerns but are expressly forbidden from changing or obstructing the substance of it. You can have a role in making sure it doesn't endanger national security but you have to allow the investigation and report to otherwise go ahead as is.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:04:52 PM »

Another positive of having an investigation is that then we can find out the truth and not just have to rely on what politicians say. What if Goldwater did consult with another cabinet official but they're now saying that they weren't consulted? It's a hypothetical, but we won't know unless the truth is exposed. And so on this issue we absolutely need an investigation. It's not partisanship, it's just common sense.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 09:18:18 PM »

Another positive of having an investigation is that then we can find out the truth and not just have to rely on what politicians say. What if Goldwater did consult with another cabinet official but they're now saying that they weren't consulted? It's a hypothetical, but we won't know unless the truth is exposed. And so on this issue we absolutely need an investigation. It's not partisanship, it's just common sense.
Their are some small discrepancies in what actually happened then what some of claimed has happened. However I am not sure how in the end these type of details matter much right now. Not trying to protect anyone but their just isn’t that much to investigate. Anyway if this passes and I am summoned to testify I will certainly do so.

I think it's better that Atlasians can have full trust in their government and leaders and so there should be accountability and honesty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies