Bush knew that Saddam didn't have WMD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 07:33:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush knew that Saddam didn't have WMD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush knew that Saddam didn't have WMD  (Read 3799 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: September 05, 2007, 10:42:47 PM »

I believe the Downing Street Memo already told us that facts were being "fixed." Sad to say, it's not really news that Bush was full of crap from the beginning.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »

This is somewhat disturbing, but one must also realize that Saddam Hussein himself was a weapon of mass destruction and had to be removed from power and diplomacy just was not going to do the trick.

Saddam Hussein was a WMD? What does that mean? That's got to be the lamest excuse for no weapons I've ever heard.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:27:36 AM »

This is somewhat disturbing, but one must also realize that Saddam Hussein himself was a weapon of mass destruction and had to be removed from power and diplomacy just was not going to do the trick.

Saddam Hussein was a WMD? What does that mean? That's got to be the lamest excuse for no weapons I've ever heard.

Yes, he killed hundreds if not thousands of his own citizens just for not agreeing with him.

Pretty standard authoritarian conditions. I certainly don't condone such actions, but it's hardly US policy to start wars over such things. Look at Darfur, for instance. Countless dead and we haven't done anything. Further, nearly all these atrocities took place in the Reagan years when Saddam Hussein was a US ally. It just doesn't make sense as a reason for war.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies