Have True Leftists accomplished anything in recent history besides mass murder? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:06:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Have True Leftists accomplished anything in recent history besides mass murder? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have True Leftists accomplished anything in recent history besides mass murder?  (Read 5874 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: March 19, 2014, 05:42:25 AM »
« edited: March 19, 2014, 05:52:26 AM by Snowstalker »

Seriously think about it. What has True Leftism brought us?

Liberalism/progressivism brought us the 40 hour work week, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid and the universal healthcare of other countries.

True Leftism has brought us the gulags, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward and the Khmer Rouge.

Yeah tough choice which ideology I'm going with...

No, it was leftist/labor agitation which pushed those and forced the dithering "progressive" governments to act on them. The domestic policy achievements of Roosevelt and Johnson did not originate from the top down.

I could also tell you how divided and politically diverse the far-left is and why it's inappropriate to place, say, Stalinists with syndicalists, but you wouldn't understand that.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »

No, it was leftist/labor agitation which pushed those and forced the dithering "progressive" governments to act on them.

Good luck forcing the Republicans (who True Leftists want to win) to act on your grievances. I'm sure President Ted Cruz and Vice President Allen West will take them very seriously.

I never said this, but when was the last time Obama directly responded to agitation to his left?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies