America's Fate: 2020 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  America's Fate: 2020 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: America's Fate: 2020 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 3313 times)
x-Guy
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 24, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
« edited: December 31, 2018, 11:40:42 PM by x-Guy »

Turn 1: November 1st - November 10th, 2019:

IN THE NEWS:

2020 Kicks off! Republican primary crowded. Democrats brace for a potential competitive primary.

The 2020 campaign is now underway and the candidates are now in campaign mode. For the Democrats, President Clinton is unsurprisingly leading the helm while unexpected candidate Governor Gina Raimondo is challenging the President on her Progressive credentials. You also have democratic darling Beto O' Rourke running as well who became famous after a narrow defeat in the Texas senate race. Until the candidates make progress, its heavily expected that democrats will stick with Clinton. For the Republicans you have Former Governor John Kasich leading the pack but not by much. The Republican primary is considered to be close between the candidates as none have stuck out in the electorate. Behind Kasich is the Governor of Tennessee, Bill Haslam who is mostly likely to appeal to the southern and conservative vote. You also have northeast Governors Charlie Baker of MA & Phil Scott of VT. How these two perform in New Hampshire will certainly be interesting. There's also former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky who were also previous contenders in 2016 with experience. In order to win these Republicans have to get their names out there and stat building bases! The stage is now set for 2020!

Republican Primary Poll
Frmr Governor John Kasich: 16%
Governor Bill Haslam: 13%
Governor Charlie Baker: 11%
Governor Phil Scott: 9%
Frmr Governor Jeb Bush: 7%
Senator Rand Paul: 6%
Undecided: 38%

Democrat Primary Poll
President Hillary Clinton: 70%
Frmr Representative Beto O' Rourke: 12%
Governor Gina Raimondo: 5%
Undecided: 13%

Upcoming Primaries:
February 1st, 2020 - Iowa Caucus (Both Parties)
February 9th, 2020 - New Hampshire Primary (Both Parties)
February 20th, 2020 - Nevada Caucuses (Democratic)
February 20th, 2020 - South Carolina Primary (Republican)

Moderator's notes: This turn will last until Monday, 31st of December. Make sure to PM me ASAP if you need an extension, preferably after you read this sentence. Extensions will be given for the requester and the requester only, not for the field at large, so if you need an extension, PM me.

Messaging is key! This turn will be all about setting up your ground game and building your coalition, so make sure to write your speeches/schedule accordingly! Speaking of which...

A schedule is required. You can post 20 speeches or no speeches, but what is required for you to post is your schedule. It doesn't have to be detailed, just give me a short description of each day's (or week's) events.

Advertisements: If your candidate is polling between 6-10% nationally then you are able to air one add. If your candidate lands between 10-16% nationally then you have the option of airing two ads. If you poll high enough between 16-20% and above then you're now able to air 3 ads.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 05:31:02 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Endorsements for President Clinton

Vice President Tim Kaine A schedule for Vice President Kaine will be forthcoming shortly.

First Gentleman/Former President Bill Clinton A schedule for Former President Clinton will be forthcoming shortly.

Senator Elizabeth Warren
 Warren will be campaigning in New Hampshire

Senator Kamala Harris

Harris will be campaigning in Iowa and Nevada.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 06:02:02 PM »

Rep. Gabbard Endorses Raimondo/Ryan
Nashua, NH

Congresswomen Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI): Hillary Clinton has failed as president. She promised that she would be progressive and then we elected her. She promised used she would protect LGBT rights and then we elected her. She promised that she would rebuild our middle class then we elected her. She promised that she would unite our country then we elected her. Now, she promises the same things again. I am not trusting her again because we do need change and she didn't bring it. We need a progressive leader that will bring us to change, that will fight for those that need it most.

We also need a real feminist leader. A real feminist wouldn't remain married to a sexual harasser like Hillary is. Bill Clinton is a sexual harasser and uses his power to dominate women. We shouldn't have that in our white house. We need a feminist that will stand up to men like Bill Clinton. That woman is Gina Raimondo. Raimondo is a powerful woman who has stood up to powerful men is whole life. I am glad I am coming onto team Gina so we can fight to bring change to this country. Now it is my pleasure to introduce you to the next Vice-President of the United State, my colleagues, and friend, Representative Tim Ryan.

Congressmen Tim Ryan (D-OH): Tulsi is a great asset for our team, she is a progressive that has consistently fought leadership in Washington for the people of her district. We need people like Tulsi on our team, people who have a record of standing up to leadership that has failed. I stood up to Nancy Pelosi when I believed she was not fighting enough for the middle class and now I am standing with Gina against the failed leadership of Hillary Clinton. 2018 was the year of the women, the year of the feminist. Let's keep women in the white house and that woman will be Gina Raimondo who will actually fight for women's rights against sexual abusers unlike Hillary Clinton that has stood by her husband no matter how much how bad his record with women is. Now let's introduce to you, the next president of the United States and my teammate in this fight, Gina Raimondo.

Governor Gina Raimondo (D-RI): What a warm welcome. thank you, Tulsi, thank you, Tim, and thank you, New Hampshire! Four years ago, you voted for a progressive in the primaries and you believed you voted for a progressive in the general election. You are a progressive state and you deserve a progressive candidate. In 2016, you and I were tricked by Hillary Clinton. She told us she was progressive but now it is obvious she is not. I am the true progressive that you deserve and what you tried to get in 2016.

I am a progressive, I am going to rebuild the middle class, I am going to fix our education system. I did it in Rhode Island and I am ready to do it for America but I need your help. Please go out and vote, get rid of the failed leadership in Washington and Put in me and Tim to fix our divided country.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 06:15:01 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2018, 04:20:03 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Schedule for President Hillary Clinton

November 1-5, 2019 Presidential Duties, Washington D.C

November 6, 2019

Meet Voters in Colebrook, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Errol, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Lancaster, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

November 7, 2019

Appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, Burbank, California

So, tell me something about President Clinton that I don't know.
Well, I'm wearing a new pantsuit Wink

But I bet you didn't care about that... Did you know that since moving back into the White House Bill and I have been having better conjugal relations than any time since my daughter was born?

It's frankly shocking and amazing, to be honest. Does that satisfy you?

Yes, and quite frankly, this was well worth the cost of admission.

November 8-9, 2019

Presidential Duties, Washington D.C

November 10

Attend summit meeting with United Kingdom Prime Minister Theresa May ,Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2018, 04:39:19 PM by Ishan »

Campaign Schedule for Elise Stefanik

November 1st

-Townhall with Congressman Eddie Edwards in Manchester New Hampshire
-Rally in Manchester on a New Healthcare system

November 2nd to 10th
Campaign in Manchester, Concord, Nashua, Keene and, Rochester with Jeb Bradley.

Endorsements
Majority Leader Jeb Bradley
Congressman Eddie Edwards

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »

Phil Scott in Manchester, NH: "It's time for America to Lead Again!"

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »

Phil Scott Campaign Ad # 1 - Standing Up For Taxpayers
Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina

Announcers Voice: Here's what Phil Scott did as governor of Vermont...

Middle of Ad; https://ytcropper.com/cropped/hL5c22a314c0020

Announcers Voice: Scott was a voice for keeping taxes low and balancing the budget in Vermont; fighting off repeated attempts by a Democratic legislature to raise them. He stood up for Vermonters and as President, he'll stand up for you!

Paid for by the Americans for Phil Scott Committee
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2018, 03:38:09 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

November 1, 2019

Meet Voters in Cambridge, Iowa (With Kamala Harris)

Meet Voters in Zearing, Iowa (With Kamala Harris)

November 2, 2019

Meet Voters in Pamplico, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Lake City, South Carolina

Speech at the Florence Center, Florence, South Carolina

You know, it used to be that incumbent Presidents didn't get primary challengers. I can think of several reasons why both President Obama and myself should have gotten one when we sought reelection, but we didn't get one. You know why? Because Democrats had respect for who was in office, regardless how they stood within the party.

November 3, 2019

Speech at Francis Marion University, Florence, South Carolina

Congresswoman Gabbard, what exactly are you trying to state, by stating my wife isn't a feminist because she didn't divorce me? I'll admit, I've had my affairs, but refusing to divorce someone who is having an affair doesn't make one any more or less of a feminist. It's what a women does for other women's rights that makes her a feminist, not whether or not she is married to anyone.

Besides, why we're married is between us, and no one else, and for you to suggest any ulterior motive other than love is behind our marriage is wrong, and you need to make an apology to both of us.

Meet Voters in Pinewood, South Carolina

Speech at Morris College, Sumter,South Carolina

For those Americans who believe that black lives do not matter, or matter less than other lives, you are wrong. For too long you have been discriminated against, abused and worse. This administration has been active in defending your rights for the past three years, and my wife and I look forward to not only defending you, but advancing your rights in a second term. Soon the day will come when all citizens are truly equal before the law, and I hope this administration is a part of it.

November 4, 2019

Speech in Hot Springs, Arkansas

It's good to be back in Arkansas. I frankly can't remember the last time I was here, but this city is just as good as I remember it. I know Arkansas isn't usually contested in November, but maybe you could give us a win, for old times sake?

Speech in Hope, Arkansas

I once said that I still believe in a place called Hope. Well, even today, I still believe in Hope. Hope represents the innocence of a time gone by, and a bright new future. I still believe in a place called hope, do you?

November 5, 2019

Meet Voters in Craftsbury, Vermont

Meet Voters in Newport, Vermont

Meet Voters in Hyde Park, Vermont

November 6-7

Fundraisers, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles

November 8, 2019

Tape Appearance on Lip Sync Battle

November 9, 2019

Meet Voters in Cold Springs, Nevada (With Kamala Harris)

Meet Voters in Winnemucca, Nevada

November 10, 2019

Meet Voters in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Hart's Location, New Hampshire

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 07:58:07 PM »

@TulsiGabbard: I will not apologize to Bill or Hillary Clinton for saying she is not a feminist for remaining so loyal to a sexual harasser. I will be proud when we have a first family in the White House that the interns don’t need to fear. #TeamGina
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 08:51:21 PM »

Scott Simon Q&A in Concord New Hampshire

Question 1:Hi there my son was involved and thankfully survived the horrible Pittsburgh Synagogue shooting and I voted for President Clinton cause I thought she would take on the NRA and their controller politicans and unfortunately he has yet to do that. How can you work with Congress on gun safety?

Simon:Well Thank you for that question and I am sadden to hear what happened to your son however I am glad he is fine.  But to answer your question yes I will take on the NRA and make sure that gun show and gun shop in America has a quality background check and a few day waiting period before they can receive a gun. And I will as President put money into federal research for gun violence and how we can stop it. I respect and admire the second amendment but that doesn’t mean it’s unchangeable

Question 1:Great thank you very much

Question 2:President Clinton was going to fight for universal healthcare and Medicare for all but she has since done none of that what do you plan to do about that.

Simon:I think Obamacare has done a lot of good and we should be thankful for it but I think it’s just the first step towards universal healthcare which if you go to my website you can find I am fighting for a universal healthcare system like they have in Canada and like they have in France and I will fight the Republicans when it comes to Medicare and fight for Medicare for all so that people can have access to the best healthcare and medicine available.

Question 2:Thank you sir

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2018, 09:58:08 PM »

Progressive America :Gina Raimondo For President
Schedule From November 1st to November 10th

November 1st: Rhode Island

November 1st:
Providence, RI: Open Raimondo for President National Office
Cranston, RI: Speech Challenging President Clinton and Congressmen O'Rourke to a Debate

November 2nd to 5th: New Hampshire

November 2nd:
Nashua, NH: Endorsement Rally with Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and Rep. Tim Ryan
Salem, NH: Open Raimondo Field Office
Salem, NH: Fundraising with Rep. Tim Ryan
Exter,  NH: Townhall with Union members

November 3rd:
Berlin, NH: Speech to Berlin Democratic Party
Dixville-Notch, NH: Meet and Greet with Local Bussiness Owners
Mt. Washington, NH: Speech in front of Mountian on the environment

November 4th:
Concord, NH: Open Raimondo New Hampshire Field Office
Concord, NH: Door to Door with volunteers
Manchester, NH: Speech Addressing Clinton's Attack on Rep. Gabbard

Salem, NH: Rally with Raimondo family, Rep. Gabbard, and Rep. Ryan

November 5th:
Portsmouth, NH: Endorsement Rally with Rep. Conor Lamb
Dover, NH: Meet and Greet with environmentalist
Salem, NH: Townhall with Teachers and Education Officials

November 6th: Iowa

November 6th:
Des Moines, IA: Speech on Unions against Governor Kim Reynolds Pro-Right to Work Agenda
Iowa City, IA: Rally with Rep. Ryan and Rep. Lamb

November 7th to 8th: Rhode Island

November 7th:
Providence, RI: Rest with Family

November 8th:
Providence, RI: Phonebanking with Staff
Providence, RI: Meet with Staff and Debate Prep

November 9th to 10th: New Hampshire

November 9th:
Keene, NH: Meet and Greet with Bussiness Leaders
Walpole, NH: Meet with Education Leaders and detail Education plan
Hillsboro, NH: Rally with Rep. Gabbard

November 10th:
Grafton, NH: Townhall with Rep. Ryan
Danbury, NH: Meet and Greet with Political Leaders

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2018, 10:09:19 PM »

Clinton campaign statement

Governor Raimondo, we would be happy to debate you anytime, anywhere.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 09:22:00 AM »

Progressive America:Gina Raimondo For President Advertisment
Mistake
Bought in New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont

I am Tulsi Gabbard, I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016

I am Conor Lamb, I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016

I am Tim Ryan, I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016

We all are congress members, we all made a mistake in 2016 and we all are now on Team Gina

I am Gina Raimondo, I am the Governor of Rhode Island and I am running to take on the failed leadership of Hillary Clinton. Join me so we can win the Democratic nomination and create a progressive nation
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 11:09:29 AM »
« Edited: December 31, 2018, 02:55:34 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Governor Kasich's Campaign Schedule:
Common Sense

November 1, 2019:
  • Rally in Adler Theatre in Davenport, Iowa to kick off Iowa campaign.
  • Meet-and-greet with voters and Senator Murkowski in Ankeny Diner, Ankeny, Iowa.
  • Interview in Fox News.

November 2, 2019:
  • Rally and tour in Geisler Farms, Bondurant, Iowa and speech about farmers' potential with Governor Sandoval.
  • Speech outside Hamburg Inn No. 2, Iowa City, Iowa, on opportunity and a better future.
  • Meeting with Kasich campaign volunteers in campaign headquarters.
  • Late afternoon door-to-door with volunteers, Senator Murkowski, and Governor Sandoval.
  • Dinner with state legislators.

November 3, 2019:
  • Church service with family in Trinity Episcopal Church in Iowa City, Iowa.
  • Conversations with church-going voters about how faith affects public service.
  • Lunch and meet-and-greet with voters in City Park, Iowa City, Iowa.
  • Afternoon rally to talk about the potential of small businesses in the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines, Iowa, with Senator Murkowski and Governor Sandoval.

November 4, 2019:
  • Breakfast with small business owners in Tommy's Cafe, Davenport, Iowa
  • Rally in Vander Veer Botanical Park and speech on the American dream of opportunity, how Hillary Clinton has failed it, and how common sense can restore it, with Senator Murkowski and Governor Sandoval.
  • Flight to New Hampshire.
  • Dinner in Hometown Diner, Rindge, New Hampshire, and short speech on the future potential of Cheshire, NH.

November 5, 2019:
  • Rally in Stevens High School in Claremont, New Hampshire about the kids' potential and how they build their future.
  • Meet-and-greet with concerned parents in the high school.
  • Door-to-door with volunteers in suburban Concord, New Hampshire.
  • Rally in Gill Stadium in Manchester, New Hampshire, with Senator Murkowski and Governor Sandoval on the theme of common sense spending and taxes, and rebuilding the American dream.

November 6, 2019:
  • Brunch with state legislators at the Hampton Inn in Concord, New Hampshire.
  • Meeting with small business owners in Kimball House in the Capitol Centre for the Arts in Concord, New Hampshire.
  • Meet-and-greet with workers and voters in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
  • Flight to Nevada.

November 7, 2019:
  • Breakfast and meetings with voters in The Original Mels Diner in Reno, Nevada, with Governor Sandoval.
  • Rally in Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada, with the Governor.
  • Speech in John Mankins Park in Carson City, Nevada with the Governor on the American dream and how we can renew it.

November 8, 2019:
  • Campaigning in the Las Vegas suburbs with the Governor and campaign volunteers.
  • Meeting in Las Vegas with local business owners in the South Point Hotel.
  • Rally in the Mystère Theatre in the Treasure Island Resort with Governor Sandoval and Senator Murkowski.

November 9, 2019:
  • Meeting and breakfast with state legislators in the Carson City Plaza Hotel in Carson City, Nevada.
  • Lunch and meet-and-greet with voters in Mom And Pop's Diner in Carson City, Nevada.
  • Rally in Carson City Airport.
  • Rally in the Artemus W. Ham Concert Hall in the University of Nevada-Las Vegas.

November 10, 2019:
  • Church service with family in Canyon Ridge Christian Church in Las Vegas.
  • Conversations with churchgoers, and short speech about the love of Christ, how He shapes the life in public service, and the importance of loving and serving.
  • Volunteering with family in the Church's food bank.
  • Lunch and meetings with small business owners and voters in Lou's Diner in Las Vegas, Nevada.
  • Canvassing suburban Las Vegas with Governor Sandoval, Senator Murkowski, and volunteers.
  • Rally in the Ka Theatre in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas with Governor Sandoval and Senator Murkowski.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »

Schedule for Tim Kaine

November 1, 2019

Speech in Claremont, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

I know Governor Raimondo is trying to challenge us on our progressive credentials. That's just hypocrisy at it's finest. Governor Raimondo has not governed as a progressive in Rhode Island. In her tenure as Treasurer of Rhode Island, and later Governor, she supported removing cost-of-living increases from state employee pensions, and tried to incorporate 401(k)'s into the pensions. That's not progressive at all. She said it was to stop the pensions from running out of money...well Governor, did you ever consider supporting tax increases on the wealthy and corporations that would have supported those pensions? I know that's what I would've done, if I were still Governor of my home state of Virginia.

Meet Voters in Lempster, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Marlow, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Speech in Keene, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Governor Raimondo's record is just not pretty. Last time I checked, her approval ratings in Rhode Island hadn't climbed above 40% since at least the end of 2017. If you can't get the majority of voters in your own state to like you, than how do expect to win nationally?

Quite honestly, I think I'm quite surprised she didn't lose in 2018, given her horrific approvals she had then, and still has now.

November 2, 2019

Speech at Keene State College (With Elizabeth Warren)

When we first ran for President, we promised to crack down on predatory colleges like Trump University, Diploma Mills like the University of Northern Virginia, Warren National University and Almeda University. Thanks to Secretary's Weingarten and Cuomo, this administration has brought suit against, and shut down multiple schools of this nature, for misleading students into thinking diplomas at these schools are worth something. This behavior violates the laws of multiple states, and this administration has taken the position that these frauds violates multiple laws in education and interstate commerce, as these were for-profit universities seeking to defraud both State and Federal Governments on numerous issues, ranging from accreditation fraud to fraudulently obtaining visas for students. In a Clinton second term, we will go farther than ever to protect the rights of students, including the right to obtain a valid degree at whatever institution of higher learning a student chooses to attend.

Meet Voters in Walpole, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Surry, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Weare, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

November 3, 2019

Speech at Saint Anselm College, Goffstown, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Every good administration's got to have give and take between all of the top officials. And we do. President Clinton doesn't always get her way on policy. I don't always get my way on policy. The various members of the cabinet, also don't always get their way on policy. That's how a proper Presidential Administration should be run, when no one gets what they want 100% of the time.

Appearance on Face The Nation, from Goffstown, New Hampshire

So, can you explain why American troops are still in Syria?
That's an argument I lost with President Clinton and Secretary of State Biden. They both believed removing the troops would lead to an increase in strength for ISIS, and would lead to Russian sponsored massacres of civilians. I will admit, they both have very good points, as Bashar al-Assad has already been proven to be willing and able to butcher his own people, and the Russian Government is willing to cover up this butchery, as well as participate in the massacre of civilians themselves, to keep Assad in power. In many was, that was an argument I'm happy to have lost, though I wish the administration would do more to prevent the loss of American lives in Syria.

Meet Voters in Windsor, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Amherst, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

November 4, 2019

Meet Voters in Smithfield, Virginia

Meet Voters in Windsor, Virginia

Meet Voters in Southampton, Virginia

Meet Voters in Claremont, Virginia

November 5, 2019

Meet Voters in Surry, Virginia

Meet Voters in Childersburg, Alabama

November 6, 2019

Rally at Talledega Superspeedway, Talledega, Alabama

Senator King is quite frankly, only running this race to divide the Democratic Party. Let me be very clear here. This tactic could easily lead to a Republican being elected, which I'm sure most Democrats do not want. So whether our nominee is President Clinton, Governor Raimondo or Congressman O'Rourke, we as Democrats, need to support our nominee, not go on a wild goose-chase for a third party candidate that won't get any electoral votes.

Speech in Oxford, Alabama

I admit to having no idea how Governor Baker or Governor Scott are going to win the Republican nomination. The nomination of Donald Trump in 2016, proves that the Republican Party does not want sane, responsible government. Based on that logic, I predict that Rand Paul will win the Republican nomination, barring anyone else entering the race, because his Libertarian ideas are neither sane nor logical.

Meet Voters in Weaver, Alabama

Meet Voters in Glencoe, Alabama

November 7, 2019

Speech at the Savannah Civic Center, Savannah, Georgia

I admire candidates who are willing to put aside partisanship to work together. I think that we've done that, and I think that there are candidates on the Republican side of the aisle, like Governor Kasich, Governor Baker and Governor Scott, who would do that if elected. However, today's politics is dominated by partisanship and purity tests, as evidenced in our two primary challengers, and the fact no one in the Republican field, which, with the exception of Senator Paul and Governor Haslam are all moderates, are getting over 16% of the primary vote. That's lamentable, and if there's one thing I hope our administration has changed, and will change in a second term is a reliance on purity tests, and being overly partisan.

Meet Voters in Bloomingdale, Georgia

Meet Voters in Richmond Hill, Georgia

November 8, 2019

Meet Voters in Hardeeville, South Carolina

Speech in Beaufort, South Carolina

Look, Climate Change is very real, and is happening as we speak. For Republicans to deny it is irrational, dangerous, and easily given the danger to this country and humanity as a result could be treasonous.

Meet Voters in Yemassee, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Brunson, South Carolina

November 9, 2019

Meet Voters in Bamberg, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Arabi, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Chalmette, Louisiana

November 10, 2019

Meet Voters in Pago Pago, American Samoa
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 09:53:07 AM »

NH Governor Chris Sununu Endorses Phil Scott in Concord, NH Rally

Chris Sununu will be dispatched all across the state in a slew of major campaign rallies and barnstorming events around the state in coordination with Governor Phil Scott.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 02:48:54 PM »

Phil Scott Campaign Schedule; November 1st-10th

Barnstorming in Nashua, NH

November 1st
  • Attend church with family at First Church Nashua, Congregational U.C.C.
  • Luncheon with Nashua Chamber of Commerce
  • Campaign Rally in Downtown Nashua, NH /w Gov. Chris Sununu
  • Opening of new campaign branch office in Nashua, NH

November 2nd
  • Campaign rally in Downtown Concord, NH with /w Chris Sununu
  • Meet and Greet with voters at Red Arrow Diner
  • Fundraising luncheon with Concord Republican Party
  • Opening of new campaign branch office in Concord, NH

Fundraising Event and Rally in Burlington, VT

November 3rd
  • Campaign rally in Franklin, NH
  • Door to Door meeting with voters in Franklin, NH
  • Opening of new campaign branch office in Franklin, NH
  • Fundraising and Rally in Burlington, VT with Vermont GOP and Chamber of Commerce leaders

Campaign Rally in Des Moines, IA

November 4th
  • Campaign rally in Des Moines, IA at the Iowa Events Center
  • Door to Door Meeting with Voters in suburban Des Moines
  • Fundraising Dinner with Iowa GOP Leaders and Superdelegates
  • Iowa strategy meeting with local staff; Opening of Iowa Campaign HQ

November 5th
  • Meet and Greet with Voters in Downtown Cedar Rapids, IA
  • Door to Door Meeting with Voters in suburban Cedar Rapids, IA
  • Opening of new campaign branch office in Cedar Rapids, IA

Phil Scott at a rally and BBQ in Sioux City, IA meeting with voters

November 6th
  • Meet and Greet with Voters at Archers Diner in Sioux City IA
  • Campaign Rally and BBQ in Archer Park in Downtown Sioux City IA
  • Opening of new campaign branch office in Sioux City IA

November 7th
  • Luncheon and Fundraiser with Iowa GOP and Chamber of Commerce Leaders in Des Moines IA
  • Campaign rally in Suburban Davenport IA
  • Opening of new campaign branch office in Davenport IA

Campaign Rally with Sen. Cory Gardner in Denver, CO

November 8th
  • Fly to Denver CO where Senator Cory Gardner makes a surprise endorsement of Phil Scott
  • Big Campaign Rally with Senator Gardner at Infinity Park in Denver CO
  • Opening of new Campaign HQ in Denver CO

November 9th
  • Campaign Rally and BBQ in Colorado Springs with Sen. Cory Gardner
  • Fly back to Manchester NH for Campaign rally

November 10th
  • Sen. Cory Gardner and Gov. Chris Sununu attend huge campaign rally in Manchester, NH at SNHU Arena
  • Door to Door meeting with Voters in Manchester NH with both the Senator and Governor
  • Meeting with NH GOP State Leaders to seek endorsements and support, as well as fundraising
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 06:51:54 PM »

Haslam will campaign in Iowa and South Carolina
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 04:25:01 PM »

Charlie Baker Campaign Schedule-November 1 to November 10

November 1: Establishment of campaign headquarters in Boston and hiring of major staff (campaign manager, communications director, finance director)

November 2: Rallies in Nashua and Concord, NH, followed by a town hall and fundraiser in Manchester, NH.

November 3-4: Town halls and meet-and-greets with voters in New Hampshire. A campaign office in Manchester is opened.

November 5: Rally, meet-and-greets, and fundraisers in Las Vegas, NV. A campaign office in Las Vegas is opened.

November 6: Speech to local business leaders in Reno, NV. Fundraiser follows.

Excerpt from speech: "When I was elected Governor of Massachusetts, our state had a deficit of 765 million dollars. Within my first term as governor, we turned that deficit into a surplus of 1 billion dollars. In that same time span, we were able to lower the income tax rate, enabling the people of Massachusetts to keep more of their hard-earned money. These economic policies have greatly helped the people of Massachusetts, and these are the kinds of economic policies that you will see under a Baker administration."

November 7-8: Town hall meetings in Reno, NV, Carson City, NV, Des Moines, IA, Cedar Rapids, IA, and Iowa City, IA.

November 9: Rallies in Nashua and Manchester, NH. During the Manchester rally, the endorsements of Senator Susan Collins of Maine and Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland are announced.

Excerpt from Collins's speech: "I've been in the Senate for over 20 years and I am sick and tired of the partisanship and gridlock that has prevented us from being able to do more good. It's time for a leader to get past partisanship and get our country going again. Governor Baker has shown that he can get past partisanship and work across the aisle for the good of the people. It worked for Massachusetts and it will work for America, which is why I am endorsing him for President of the United States!"

Excerpt from Hogan's speech: People think the days of bipartisanship are over. They think that we can't reach across the aisle to find solutions. But Governor Baker has shown us otherwise. He has shown that bipartisanship in America is still alive. I am proud to be a governor alongside him and I am proud to offer him my endorsement in his bid for the Presidency!"

Fundraiser follows the Manchester rally. Governor Hogan and Senator Collins attend the fundraiser.

November 10: Return to Boston for gubernatorial duties.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 05:56:59 PM »

First Ad for Governor Kasich's Campaign
Everyman

To be shown nationwide during the early months of the campaign.

Paid for by Kasich for America.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »

Scott Simon campaign update

Scott campaigned on bipartisan and being able to balence the budget without cutting taxes for the rich and raising taxes on the middle class. He also went back to Chicago and campaigned on universal healthcare and how he is the most progressive candidate in the race.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 08:08:43 PM »

Charlie Baker Campaign Ad #1-For The Future
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada

Voiceover: "As Governor of Massachusetts, Charlie Baker turned millions of dollars in deficit into a billion dollar surplus...

he created thousands of new jobs for the state...

...and he worked to support those who served our country.

He's fighting to give Massachusetts a better future, and he'll do the same thing for the United States. Vote for Charlie Baker."

"I'm Charlie Baker and I approve this message."
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 03:53:10 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2018, 03:59:36 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Rally in the Iowa State Fairgrounds
November 3, 2019

x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 11:41:22 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2019, 06:15:54 PM by x-Guy »

Turn 2: November 11th - November 23rd, 2019:

IN THE NEWS:

Networks release primary state polling in Iowa & New Hampshire!

Average IA Primary Polling data (R):
Governor Nikki Haley: 25%
Frmr Governor John Kasich: 19%
Senator Rand Paul: 14%
Governor Phil Scott: 11%
Governor Charlie Baker: 9%
Frmr Governor Jeb Bush: 6%
Representative Elise Stefanik: 4%
Undecided: 11%

Average IA Primary Polling data (D):
President Hillary Clinton: 45%
Governor Gina Raimondo: 21%
Frmr Representative Beto O Rourke: 19%
Undecided: 15%

Various news networks have finally released their state polling results during the month of November! Some are a bit mixed. However all of them show a contentious race for Republicans especially with the entry of South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley. For the state of Iowa we have a close race with the top three contenders being Haley, Kasich, & Paul. In the lower tier we have Governors Scott, Baker, Bush, & alongside representative Elise Stefanik who lacks much name recognition within the state. For the Democrats Hillary Clinton holds on to a decent lead in the Iowa Primary at first while Raimondo lands in second narrowly ahead of Representative O Rourke. The most interesting factor of this race will be vote splitting. If either Democratic challenger hopes to defeat Clinton in this stronghold then they will have to compete forcefully. The most important factor of these two races will undoubtedly be the undecided vote. This most likely won't be the last poll and its still anyone's game. For all of these candidates the most important poll will be the official results.

Average NH Primary Polling data (R):
Governor Phil Scott: 20%
Frmr Governor John Kasich: 18%
Governor Charlie Baker: 15%
Senator Rand Paul: 11%
Governor Nikki Haley: 9%
Representative Elise Stefanik: 7%
Frmr Governor Jeb Bush: 5%

Average NH Primary Polling data (R):
President Hillary Clinton: 44%
Governor Gina Raimondo: 38%
Frmr Representative Beto O Rourke: 13%
Undecided: 5%

For Republicans the state of New Hampshire will be an extremely contentious state. The top three include Governor Phil Scott from the neighboring state of Vermont as he holds his extremely small lead against John Kasich in second and fellow northeasterner, Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts in third. In the lower tier we have Senator Rand Paul in fourth being only four points behind Baker thanks to New Hampshire's libertarian population and previous Ron Paul supporters. Whether or not Paul can win depends if he can expand his base. The final two in the poll are Elise Stefanik & Jeb Bush. If Stefanik wants to win New Hampshire she'll have to improve with name recognition. It is extremely rare that a little known representative wins the Presidency. For the Democrats, Clinton is in unsafe territory against Raimondo in New Hampshire while vote splitting isn't much of an issue with O Rourke in a distant third. While the results may be closer this election, it is highly possible that Clinton may face defeat in New Hampshire for the second time as she did against Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders.

National Republican Primary Poll
Governor Nikki Haley: 17%
Governor John Kasich: 13%
Governor Phil Scott: 11%
Governor Charlie Baker: 11%
Senator Rand Paul: 9%
Representative Elise Stefanik: 7%
Frmr Governor Jeb Bush: 5%
Undecided: 27%

In the Republican race we now see that the newest contender, South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has taken the lead. This is most likely due in part to a better name recognition than Haslam who has since dropped out. Whether or not Haley will increase her lead from Kasich has yet to be seen as she only leads him by 4 percent. Behind Kasich is a stalemate between both North East Governors Phil Scott & Charlie Baker. Their dynamic will almost certainly affect this race. In fourth you have Senator Rand Paul who has only climbed up the polls since Haslam dropped out of the race and a lack of campaigning from Bush and good name recognition from last election. Behind Paul you have Representative Stefanik who was endorsed by Haslam. However, despite the endorsement her campaign is struggling with a lack of name recognition nationwide. She will really have to get her name out there if she wants a fighting chance.

National Democratic Primary Poll
President Hillary Clinton: 65%
Governor Gina Raimondo: 11%
Frmr Representative Beto O' Rourke: 9%

In the democratic Primary Clinton's lead has only slightly reduced after various attacks and criticisms from Governor Raimondo who has now climbed up since the first poll to second place due to a lack of campaigning from Representative O Rourke. Whether or not Raimondo's support will increase has yet to be seen. However, top democratic officials are already hoping that it doesn't come to a contested primary. The undecideds have also slightly increased as well. While many pundits doubt Clinton can be beat the only thing that matters will be her performance in the primaries.

Upcoming Primaries:
February 1st, 2020 - Iowa Caucus (Both Parties)
February 9th, 2020 - New Hampshire Primary (Both Parties)
February 20th, 2020 - Nevada Caucuses (Democratic)
February 20th, 2020 - South Carolina Primary (Republican)

Moderator's notes: This turn will last until Wednseday, January 9th. Make sure to PM me ASAP if you need an extension, preferably after you read this sentence. Extensions will be given for the requester and the requester only, not for the field at large, so if you need an extension, PM me.

Messaging is key! This turn will be all about setting up your ground game and building your coalition, so make sure to write your speeches/schedule accordingly! Speaking of which...

A schedule is required. You can post 20 speeches or no speeches, but what is required for you to post is your schedule. It doesn't have to be detailed, just give me a short description of each day's (or week's) events.

Advertisements: If your candidate is polling between 6-10% nationally then you are able to air one add. If your candidate lands between 10-16% nationally then you have the option of airing two ads. If you poll high enough between 16-20% and above then you're now able to air 3 ads.
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 05:53:26 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2019, 07:20:06 PM by x-Guy »

First Democratic Debate hosted by CNN: Nov. 18th, 2019

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies