2017 French Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:46:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2017 French Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2017 French Presidential Election  (Read 105019 times)
warandwar
United States

« on: March 20, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »

The debate is (finally) over. The 2 next debates with 11 candidates will be horrible.

I have no idea of who won. Each candidate has some good or bad moment.

I thought it was pretty clear that melanchon did very well.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 06:13:22 PM »

Hamon and Mélenchon stand for the same ideology, they agree on everything (except for the EU, basic income).
This is obviously false. The main cleavage is that the former has been a minister during the finishing quinquennat, has a whole lot of former ministers or even outgoing ministers and deputies around him as candidates for the législatives, and is trying very hard to appear as different from the outgoing majority whereas he is just the exact same thing and would do the exact same sh**t. The latter is by any means not perfection, but at least he doesn't have Cazeneuve or El Khomri as candidates behind him.

God I hate the PS.

What you described is an opposition on politics, not ideology, on that level, beside the EU and maybe foreign affairs, Mélenchon and Hamon are practically on the same level.
And we could argue that Hamon vote for a motion of non-confidence against the Valls' government. (And after gets outraged when Valls doesn't want to support him)

That's absurd dude. They have clearly quite different ideologies. Zanas was entirely talking about hamons ideology.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 07:00:20 PM »

Hamon and Mélenchon stand for the same ideology, they agree on everything (except for the EU, basic income).
This is obviously false. The main cleavage is that the former has been a minister during the finishing quinquennat, has a whole lot of former ministers or even outgoing ministers and deputies around him as candidates for the législatives, and is trying very hard to appear as different from the outgoing majority whereas he is just the exact same thing and would do the exact same sh**t. The latter is by any means not perfection, but at least he doesn't have Cazeneuve or El Khomri as candidates behind him.

God I hate the PS.

What you described is an opposition on politics, not ideology, on that level, beside the EU and maybe foreign affairs, Mélenchon and Hamon are practically on the same level.
And we could argue that Hamon vote for a motion of non-confidence against the Valls' government. (And after gets outraged when Valls doesn't want to support him)

That's absurd dude. They have clearly quite different ideologies. Zanas was entirely talking about hamons ideology.

What are their ideological differences? They were in the same fringe wing of the PS until Mélenchon left. For me its a difference in style rather than politics.

Ideology and politics are different things. Are you asking about difference in policy or ideology?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 01:42:05 AM »

I was like 88% Melanchon 85% Arthaud/Poutou, 83% Hamon.

Poutou is by far the most likeable candidate for me.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »

Hamon voters needs to stop wasting their vote if we want to win this thing over the three undesirables. They are absolutely blowing this for us. How can they be so short-sighted.
Didn't you vote for Jill Stein?

Can you blame him when a fraud like Hillary was on the ticket for Dems? Never understood how someone so radically left with -8 odd Eco score can support a centrist like HRC, but anyways...

Let's look at the Hillary alternative candidates:

-Donald Trump
-The social darwinists of the Libertarian Party.
-Some crazy lady who paid a friendly visit to Putin and thinks wi-fi causes brain damage and her running mate who thinks Jews shot down MH17, that Bernie Sanders is a white supremacist, and that Assad's shame elections are paragons of democracy to be celebrated.
-A Mormon who is basically a normal Republican.
-A bunch of assorted fringe right crazies and various Trot or fringe left crazies.

Please tell me which of these was a better option than Hillary.

The Trots
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies