Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:01:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23562 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2014, 09:28:14 AM »

Windjammer for Vice-President

I want to thank DEMPGH for having chosen me. The VP office has always been the office I wanted to be one day elected? Why? Simply because I love being the speaker. I was 4 month ago the speaker of the Midwest legislature, so I think I have the experience for being the president of the senate. As Vice-President, I intend to clearly lead the debates, because that's the VP's main purpose!

Why voting for the demPGH/Windjammer ticket? Simply because we're both currently active in this game. DemPGH is the Pacific Governor, I'm the Midwest Governor. If we seek the presidency/vice presidency, this isn't for popularity. We haven't left Atlasia for a while and then decided to return because we would have seen an opportunity. No! We have been active, we are active, and we will be active!

That is obvious that DemPGH and myself aren't completely similar. DemPGH is much more the new progressive left like Brian Schatz,... Whereas me I'm much more an old-school democrat. But we're still ideologically close. We're both leftist pragmatic. Indeed, as Midwest Governor, I have signed some progressive legislation: the gay bill recently, fighting against homophobia and suicide among the LGBT community. I have sponsored  an important bill on education. Indeed, now, the Midwest Government is responsible 95% of the tuition of both in-region and out of region residents. But at the same time, I have cut the Midwest Corporate Tax by 20%. Indeed, while I have strongly believe that corporations, companies should be taxed, the Midwest was the only region to have a local tax. That's why I have chosen to cut this tax (and in exchange workers got addition pay day!). DemPGH, despite being a progressive leftist, has successfully shown his ability of leading a region which was in crisis and was praised by some people who weren't from the same party than him.

That's why if you vote for us, you will vote for a pragmatic leftist ticket. DemPGH and me will definitely work together. We're relatively close politically. We're not a coalition of a moderate democrat and a libertarian who are extremely different economically (you know: -3 and 5 for the political matrix score results, an important difference). A DemPGH/Windjammer will be a pro education ticket as well, we can assure you we will always try to improve education  (as Governors, we have both been pro education) and not by destroying the educational system (  like signing this bill.)

If you have questions feel free to ask!

Our platform will soon be available!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2014, 10:11:17 AM »

great ticket. endorsed!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2014, 10:11:37 AM »

Although I don't want to make a full endorsement until the Labor Party formally does (my being the Vice Chair and all), I want you both to know that you both have my earnest support in your effort. Your work at the Regional level (and that goes for both of you) has been superb, and I think that such work can only continue and get better at the federal level. I look forward to working with you in the future.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »

I think it is now the third time I'm doing it, but I cannot stop endorsing this wonderful ticket! Both of you are incredibly skilled and active Atlasians, and will make a brilliant team! Go DemPGH and Windjammer!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2014, 12:09:41 PM »

Double Governors ticket, interesting.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2014, 03:26:21 PM by DemPGH »

Okay, this coming week we're going to move into social and economic platforms, and we'll try to keep it straight forward and real.

Also, I'll see if I can find a mod to split this thread off back when the campaign actually started.

Many thanks, Butafly! Feel free to ask any questions.

Although I don't want to make a full endorsement until the Labor Party formally does (my being the Vice Chair and all), I want you both to know that you both have my earnest support in your effort. Your work at the Regional level (and that goes for both of you) has been superb, and I think that such work can only continue and get better at the federal level. I look forward to working with you in the future.

Thanks, TNF, I appreciate the sentiment! I'd love to work with you at the federal level as well. Smiley

I think it is now the third time I'm doing it, but I cannot stop endorsing this wonderful ticket! Both of you are incredibly skilled and active Atlasians, and will make a brilliant team! Go DemPGH and Windjammer!

We accept repeat endorsements. Tongue Thanks, Sir Cranberry!

Yeah, lot of factors at play, but a good gov. is usually a good or active leader, IMO.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2014, 08:50:06 AM »

Would you consider signing off on a revived attempt at Co-determination in industry?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »

It's unfortunate to see that the Atlasian Senate has rejected the last TNF version of this bill. This bill was reasonable!
I guess you get your answer Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
« Edited: May 19, 2014, 10:39:46 AM by DemPGH »

Yes, I like co-ops for three reasons.

1. They give workers a chance to actually run a company and enjoy its fruits, literally (since they make the product, do the work, why shouldn't they get that chance?), and

2. Assuming that a company falters for whatever reasons, making it much easier to form co-ops by way of government assistance means that we can alleviate the distress and uncertainty the unemployed face in always looking for new work.

3. My belief is that supporting co-ops could result in serious expansion of business simply because we're opening opportunities to innovation. 

You want a good co-op example? Look at Florida's Natural - an orange juice supplier. They're a very successful co-op and have been so since the 1930s, I believe. It's a concept that should be allowed to flourish.

So yes, I will not only support it but give it general executive status.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2014, 10:21:51 AM »

I hereby appoint Simfan34 to the Pacific Council to continue his duties; he is thus holding office by appointment and not by election.

I stopped numbering exec order a while back, but consider this one of them! Tongue
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2014, 10:16:03 AM »

For you, Governor. Smiley
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2014, 11:51:34 AM »

At this time, we are going over our economy and labor message and later in the week or by the weekend I will publish our message on social issues.

As always, feel free to ask questions. Smiley

That is truly flattering, Scott, and let me say that we are proud to have your endorsement! It's been a pleasure to work with you on issues important to us both, like education and social justice, and it will be going forward! Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2014, 12:45:25 PM »

Economic plan :

-Health care
We support replacing Fritzcare with a simple, straight forward single payer system. I personally live in a country where there is single-payer, and I believe this is the best system. Few weeks ago, I faced a surgery, nothing important, but this surgery was expensive and the treatment after this surgery was expensive too. Without single payer, I wouldn't have been able to pay for this surgery or I would have been in debt because of that.

-Unions
We're both strong union supporters. We believe every worker shall have the right to unionize without interference and we are definitely hostile to the misnamed « right to work » legislation. We support the development of Workers's cooperative and we believe workers should play a more important rōle in the companies.

Small Business and Business Expansion
We would offer tax incentives to start-up companies, assistance to technology and science companies, as is happening in the Pacific, and we would support co-ops.

-Jobs
As all of you probably know, compared with the other generations, unemployment is extremely high among the youngest generation. The Midwest legislature is currently debating a bill helping companies (public and private) and association to hire young people (between 18 and 25 years old), by paying some of the job costs.

We believe the senate should pass this kind of legislation as well. The Midwest bill has been by the law « Emplois Jeunes » made by the Jospin government at the end of the 20th century. The results of this bill weren't only job creation for young people, but an improvement of their skills in the long term. Most of them found a job after the end of the contract, a big victory for people who previously struggled to find a job.

-Taxation Sad
 We believe we should raise slightly the current Federal Estate tax.
Here are the current brackets :
You must be logged in to read this quote.

While we believe every parent should have the rights to let something for their children after their death (that's why we strongly oppose the first TNF bill, taxing all inheritance to a 100% tax), we seriously believe the current brackets are too low and if elected, we would raise these brackets.

Indeed, a low federal estate tax is definitely a threat for Atlasia's unity. I don't deny the fact that there will always be rich and poors, this is the state's duty to reduce the inequalities. If a man earns 100 more than an another citizen, how can he believe he's living in the same world than him ? For Alexis de Tocqueville, in his book « De la démocratie en Amérique » (in English : Democracy in America), he strongly admirated the United States of America because a son of rich people could become poor, and a son of poor people could become rich. That is no longer the case anymore.

By raising the estate tax, we're not saying this will solve the problems, but we believe it will improve the curent situation.

Education Sad
Investing in education is a sure way to see a return. We will emphasize STEM support and Business education.

DemPGH and I are really pro education and we believe this is one of the most important issues we differ with the Sirnick/Dallasfan ticket. Indeed, as Midwest Governor, I have sponsored and signed a bill that has reduced the tuition fee for students in Midwest Public Universities by 95% (without reducing any revenue of the Midwest public universities). I have voted, sponsored during my long career some bills increasing funding for education, especially for places,suffering from a poor academic performance. DemPGH has himself voted and signed bills improving education, raising funds,...  Sirnick record for education, this is signing this bill destroying what Scott had made for the Northeast. Oh, and his VP, Dallasfan, has signed this bill, repealing Bilingual education act for instance. Now in the Northeast, more and more students won't be able to speak a foreign language. This is terrible, especially in a world that is more and more globalized and where students will be probably more forced to move to an another country than before.  The Sirnick/Dallasfan ticket has a terrible record in term of education and that is probably on the few things they share economically.

If elected, we plan to extend the Midwest tuition bill nationally. No student should have to pay for a long time their tuition fee because their University asked more than 10,000 a year. We plan to increase education spending as well, especially for schools suffering from a poor academic performance.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2014, 01:01:01 PM »

And I want to thank my friend Scott for having endorsed our ticket!!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2014, 03:13:58 PM »

I love the platform so far and you guys are the perfect ticket! You two have done awesome jobs in your time overseeing your respective regions and can certainly bring that to the Presidency/VP. Endorsed!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2014, 03:35:02 PM »

Much appreciated, Mr. FitzGerald! You folks in the Midwest have done fine work yourselves and have my full support.

Generally, after our social platform I want to collect what we've done into one or two posts as a review as well. And we march on!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »

Endorsed.  Smiley
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:37 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
Link: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=191167.msg4135997#msg4135997

Hey Windjammer, I'm glad you stood with me when I stood up for sanity in housing regulations. I appreciate you calling me the voice of reason in the Northeast. Its nice to see that both you and DemPGH are supporters of mine.

Next time you want to play ball, you should actually come to the ball park.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2014, 02:12:20 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2014, 02:28:00 AM by Midwest Governor windjammer »

Link: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=191167.msg4135997#msg4135997

Hey Windjammer, I'm glad you stood with me when I stood up for sanity in housing regulations. I appreciate you calling me the voice of reason in the Northeast. Its nice to see that both you and DemPGH are supporters of mine.

Hello Sirnich, I'm glad I stood with you as well for sanity in housing regulations. And I don't regret at all calling you "the voice of reason in the Northeast" for your opposition to the crazy housing regulations' bill.

But I have a question? Why do you speak about that? I mean, I have spoken about your education record, and I fail to see the link with housing regulations...

The fact you have been extremely good for your opposition to the crazy bill doesn't mean you have been good for the other issues. I give an example: Jan Brewer, I seriously believe she was reasonable by rejecting the gay apartheid bill, or by implementing the medicaid expansion. Does I beleive she a strong record?? Of couse not, she has passed disgusting bills, like the immigration bill and I would have loved to see her being defeated.

And of course, you're not Jan Brewer, but I have used this example to show that your argument "you call me the voice of reason for housing regulations" is really an argument that you could use for defending your record on education.

And caring of my balls, thanks, they're fine! I don't understand why you're interested with them? I mean, what I have said about education and your record, for both of you and Dallasfan, is true (I have even used the quotes). I could have said that having no balls is more by trying to avoid to defend your anti education record,... But I won't say that, I'm not at the elementary school anymore "OH MY OPPONENT IS BAD, HE HAS NO BALLS", sorry, I believe Atlasia should have better debated than that.

What I will say:
Sirnick, I know that running on an anti-education record( you know, this bill ) in Atlasia is as difficult as running in Arkansas with an pro-Obamacare (and just to be clear, I would have voter for Obamacare, I even support a more progressive version: the single payer), you can do better than trying to avoid of speaking about that by caring about my balls or quoting something I have said about you for your opposition to a crazy bill that has definitely NO LINK witn education.

Best,
Windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2014, 02:16:15 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2014, 03:53:17 AM by Midwest Governor windjammer »

I want to thank former President Averroės and RG Fritz for their support Cheesy.

But I have a question for our dear former president, who is the man on the picture? A politician, an actor? I don't recognize him Tongue.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2014, 07:16:42 AM »

Hello Sirnich, I'm glad I stood with you as well for sanity in housing regulations. And I don't regret at all calling you "the voice of reason in the Northeast" for your opposition to the crazy housing regulations' bill.

But I have a question? Why do you speak about that? I mean, I have spoken about your education record, and I fail to see the link with housing regulations...

The fact you have been extremely good for your opposition to the crazy bill doesn't mean you have been good for the other issues. I give an example: Jan Brewer, I seriously believe she was reasonable by rejecting the gay apartheid bill, or by implementing the medicaid expansion. Does I beleive she a strong record?? Of couse not, she has passed disgusting bills, like the immigration bill and I would have loved to see her being defeated.

And of course, you're not Jan Brewer, but I have used this example to show that your argument "you call me the voice of reason for housing regulations" is really an argument that you could use for defending your record on education.

And caring of my balls, thanks, they're fine! I don't understand why you're interested with them? I mean, what I have said about education and your record, for both of you and Dallasfan, is true (I have even used the quotes). I could have said that having no balls is more by trying to avoid to defend your anti education record,... But I won't say that, I'm not at the elementary school anymore "OH MY OPPONENT IS BAD, HE HAS NO BALLS", sorry, I believe Atlasia should have better debated than that.

What I will say:
Sirnick, I know that running on an anti-education record( you know, this bill ) in Atlasia is as difficult as running in Arkansas with an pro-Obamacare (and just to be clear, I would have voter for Obamacare, I even support a more progressive version: the single payer), you can do better than trying to avoid of speaking about that by caring about my balls or quoting something I have said about you for your opposition to a crazy bill that has definitely NO LINK witn education.

Best,
Windjammer

Jan Brewer? Obamacare? What are these things? We live in Atlasia, not in some fictional country with a President named Obama and a Governor name Brewer. What silly things you speak of.

As for my record on education, I will give an in-depth response soon enough. As for the link with housing? I just wanted to highlight your kind words of me. Who wouldn't?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2014, 07:23:44 AM »

What I will say:

Best,
Windjammer

Jan Brewer? Obamacare? What are these things? We live in Atlasia, not in some fictional country with a President named Obama and a Governor name Brewer. What silly things you speak of.

As for my record on education, I will give an in-depth response soon enough. As for the link with housing? I just wanted to highlight your kind words of me. Who wouldn't?

And once again, you have deviated. That just shows you have nothing to answer to defend your anti education record. And I don't regret having said these kind words you know Tongue. You were totally right on housing, but that's not the issue.

I think I have clearly said why I have used the examples, and as I know you're someone who is intelligent, I'm sure you have understood. You just want to deviate.

---------------------
I want to thank former President Averroės and RG Fritz for their support Cheesy.

But I have a question for our dear former president, who is the man on the picture? A politician, an actor? I don't recognize him Tongue.

It's me, of course.* Wink

*As played by Stephen Dillane.

Oh please, he seems to be a bit old Tongue.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2014, 09:40:07 AM by DemPGH »

President Averroės, you have my eternal thanks for your steadfast support! You may just be the rock on which I lean now. And yeah, that's a cool pic. Wink

I also want to say that we now have a banner! Mr. Homely Cooking has vastly improved upon by first attempt at banner creating. Later, I'd like to add a labor-y themed one, but this was my vision all along (and do reduce its size if you put it in your sigs Tongue):

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2014, 10:07:01 AM »

I have a Pacific-related question, Gov. - is the Council going to debating PJ bills in perpetuity? Just how many did he introduce before leaving?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »

I have a Pacific-related question, Gov. - is the Council going to debating PJ bills in perpetuity? Just how many did he introduce before leaving?

I actually didn't count them - but I know there were days when he submitted like a dozen of those, and to put this into context for people who don't follow the Pacific, there was a bill that made it illegal to broadcast a false emergency signal. One was a stab at campaign financing, which we decided was not applicable based upon its wording. And others.

I think Cranberry and I could get together and just bypass bills that are not applicable or which don't seem to address any real issues. After all, we don't have to carry over bills; we are allowed to, though. All he would need to do is shoot me a PM to say, "What do you think of these?" Nah, let's skip those. And it's done. I'm sure he would do that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies