New Pressure Group Starts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:24:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Pressure Group Starts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Pressure Group Starts  (Read 871 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« on: May 30, 2005, 09:34:48 PM »

I'll be sure to appologize to the dictators and oppressors of our fellow men and women when we need their support to invade a country again. Me and my silly morality. I understand the arguement... it just seems so hypocritical.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 07:13:28 PM »

I'll be sure to appologize to the dictators and oppressors of our fellow men and women when we need their support to invade a country again. Me and my silly morality. I understand the arguement... it just seems so hypocritical.

Siege

Sir, that is a ludicrous attempt to make the issue seem black and white which it clearly is not. Nobody said morality is a bad thing, but when you are dealing with foreign policy it is ultimately a very risky game to base it entirely on your own moral outlook, especially when there is no definitive universal morality.

Of course it's not black and white, but at times there are very very dark grays that we must concern ourselves with.

In the end the Foreign Policy is subject to the Senate. They may amend it as they please, and likely will.

Of course it's morality. I assumed that we would agree that depotism is immoral, that oppression is immoral, and that in general, many of the regimes we have called friends really shouldn't be. That's my personal opinion, however as Secretary of State my opinion is the foreign policy until the Senate forms the committee or makes legislation, if the populace is concerned I suggest they A, call for my resignation, which I will not provide unless the President himself asks, or B, contact their Senator and get the ball rolling on the foreign policy debate.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 04:46:40 PM »

What the hell?  This is a serious pressure group?  I thought it was a joke!

Thanks, but I'd rather not endorse a foreign government that we'll be fighting in about 10-20 years time.  There seems little point.

I agree with the man from Ohio.

Siege
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies